I filed the k3 ,was denied,i think everyone knows the story,anyway,i am working on getting the cr1 moving.my question is,For the dS-230 iv package .where it says i need the marriage certificate,birth certificate of beneficary,divorce certificate of beneficiary,to be originals or certified.Now i sent these in,in the begining of my filing the k3,I have these 3 documents,translated,certified was done in chongqing china.Am i sending these booklets in,the original,or can i make copies of these,as i did when submitting the k3? Hell,i don't even want to roll out of the bed the wrong way anymore.I want to get it right.

thanks,for everyones help and support,to me and my wife. It has really help us both out alot.

jimi

Jimi,

If it was me I would call the wife and tell her to get new certified copies of all those documents, and EMS them to you ASAP. Start fresh with the whole process. Also, I would front load answers for any red flags like the following from Peter Paget's article:

On the petitioner¡¯s side, here is a brief and, by no means, complete list of reasons I have seen used to justify the return of family-based IV petitions and K petitions to DHS.

1. A very brief courtship followed by a plunge into matrimony;

2. A marriage ceremony arranged only a short time after petitioner arrives in the beneficiary¡¯s country and they meet for the first time;

3. No common language;

4. Petitioner resides with family members of the beneficiary in the US;

5. Petitioner is employed by or has a business relationship with a relative of beneficiary;

6. Petitioner submits phone records that show he uses a residential phone number that is listed in the name of another person.

7. US divorce followed very quickly by an engagement to foreign beneficiary is often a red flag for consular officers.

8. There is little or no documentary evidence of the relationship prior to the actual engagement.

9. Long gaps of time between the petitioner & beneficiary being together in person.

10. Failure to disclose previous marriages;

11. Failure to disclose previous petitions filed on behalf of other beneficiaries.

When you front load possible objections by the VO, and they are approved by USCIS, the VO cannot use them because they have already been approved. Technically the VO can only deny based on things that were unknown to USCIS.

Jimi,

If it was me I would call the wife and tell her to get new certified copies of all those documents, and EMS them to you ASAP. Start fresh with the whole process. Also, I would front load answers for any red flags like the following from Peter Paget's article:

On the petitioner¡¯s side, here is a brief and, by no means, complete list of reasons I have seen used to justify the return of family-based IV petitions and K petitions to DHS.

2. A marriage ceremony arranged only a short time after petitioner arrives in the beneficiary¡¯s country and they meet for the first time;

3. No common language;

5. Petitioner is employed by or has a business relationship with a relative of beneficiary;

6. Petitioner submits phone records that show he uses a residential phone number that is listed in the name of another person.

7. US divorce followed very quickly by an engagement to foreign beneficiary is often a red flag for consular officers.

8. There is little or no documentary evidence of the relationship prior to the actual engagement.

9. Long gaps of time between the petitioner & beneficiary being together in person.

11. Failure to disclose previous petitions filed on behalf of other beneficiaries.

When you front load possible objections by the VO, and they are approved by USCIS, the VO cannot use them because they have already been approved. Technically the VO can only deny based on things that were unknown to USCIS.

The I -130 has already been sent in. Too late for front loading.

Jimi,

3. No common language;

The I -130 has already been sent in. Too late for front loading.

Yep, too late for that, 1,2 and 7 above seem to be what is hanging Jimi's case.

Also, Yes, just the DS-230 needs to be sent to NVC, GUZ/NVC procedure is different than most of the other consulates.

You do not send these to the NVC. The instructions tell you to bring them to the interview.

ok,i read this wrong i guess,

you know what i don't have the instructions,i think thats what i need....CR1 FOR DUMMYS...hahaha

i need to find the instructions, i was reading james shortcut,and i guess i am trying to shortcut his short cut. :CopBust:

jimi

You do not send these to the NVC. The instructions tell you to bring them to the interview.

ok,i read this wrong i guess,

you know what i don't have the instructions,i think thats what i need....CR1 FOR DUMMYS...hahaha

i need to find the instructions, i was reading james shortcut,and i guess i am trying to shortcut his short cut. :CopBust:

jimi

The Jame's shortcuts can be confusing. When you receive the DS230, you will get an IV Instruction Packet. The instructions in this packet will tell you what to send and what to bring to the interview. Bear in mind that the IV instructions cover CR1s and DCFs and any other type of immigrant visas. It is confusing but that's what you have us for. :roller:

I am sorry the link didn't work before, I changed it and I think it works now. Mike

Hahaha,yeah i tried it earlier today,would not work.but i found it,looking on visa journey...this shortcut is easier to understand.