Resident Since Date...

My wife finally received her 10 year GC. I made sure her name, A#, Birth date, were correct. I never looked at her resident since date. My wife pointed out that the date of residence since on the two year GC was 3/15/06 (Biometrics Day) while the 10 year GC is 5/15/06. May 15 was her AOS interview day. I thought the resident since date was to be the same as the two year GC? I don't know if this was a typo or is the approved interview date starts her residence in the U.S (new procedure)?

If she was in a hurry to file for citizenship (in December) I might of contacted USCIS about this, but she wants to wait a little longer before filing. No matter what, she'll have to take the new test. She wants to hear more about how the new one pans out. I have been monitoring the citizenship section for her at Candle.

The other reason for delaying it for a while is that she's needs to increase her understanding of the English language. Conversation is hard on her while grammar is easy for her to fill in the blanks. If someone speaks fast she won't be able to comprehend it. There's no new citizenship test classes offered right now in our area because the test is still new. They're still teaching from the old test.

The original Green Card date should have been your approval date and it sounds like they corrected this with the 10 year card.

About the only thing that you gained was being able to file the I-751 earlier.

I wouldn't base filing for citizenship on the biometrics date they used on the first card.

Yep, The date residency is granted is the date the CR-Green-card was approved.

Same happened to Tony last year, they got away with filing the I-751 about a year early.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=343816 (In this case K-1 POE entry date mistakenly printed on the CR-Green-Card)

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)