Guangzhou crisis

So sorry to hear of your situation. It just chaps my butt that these folks can be so insensitive to the people they are paid to provide service to and for.

Oddly enough, your situation, especially in regards to not being able to find out anything about what's going on and why, reminds me so much of what happened in the famous Black Hole Days. This started in July of 2002 and lasted well into the spring of 2003. The birth of Candle for Love came about due to the Black Hole. A few of us old, old timers were around back in those days, including yours truly.

I really feel for your agony, confusion, and frustration. To use Lou Dobbs' term, it is indeed an outrage.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Mick,

Thanks for the kind words.

All support is really appreciated.

:huh:

So sorry to hear of your situation. It just chaps my butt that these folks can be so insensitive to the people they are paid to provide service to and for.

Oddly enough, your situation, especially in regards to not being able to find out anything about what's going on and why, reminds me so much of what happened in the famous Black Hole Days. This started in July of 2002 and lasted well into the spring of 2003. The birth of Candle for Love came about due to the Black Hole. A few of us old, old timers were around back in those days, including yours truly.

I really feel for your agony, confusion, and frustration. To use Lou Dobbs' term, it is indeed an outrage.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

:( outrageous, Guz sends a "call back" makes him sit for 2 weeks and they wont communicate :)

I would say "unbelievable" they would treat people like this, but unfortunately it ain't the first time.

Again very sorry, hang in there

I'm confused if there was a 'call back'; do you mean this was not the interview proper, but a call to come back for later pickup?

Guest Rob & Jin

:lol: outrageous, Guz sends a "call back" makes him sit for 2 weeks and they wont communicate :cold:

I would say "unbelievable" they would treat people like this, but unfortunately it ain't the first time.

I'm confused if there was a 'call back'; do you mean this was not the interview proper, but a call to come back for later pickup?

yes a call back for "approved come get your visa"

well everyone,

He GOT a phone call (finally) yesterday after 3 faxes and 3 e-mails...the person said: "You just have to wait" and "it's natural to wait".

when my husband asked "how long" will I have to wait? she said: "I can't tell you that".

When he asked "is there some problem"? she said, "i can't tell you that"

When he asked "am I getting a visa or not"? She said, you might get a visa -- or -- you might NOT get a visa". ????????

WHATS THE POINT OF THAT PHONE CALL IF THEY DON'T ANSWER ANY QUESTION? what's the point? iS there some legitimate reason that they can't give any basic specifics over the phone?

THE ONLY THING SHE SAID IS THAT "waiting like this is normal" and "your (passport) is not lost".

????????

The phone call wasn't very helpful to say the least.

My husband gave me the person's cell phone number that came up on his phone. I would like to call that person and ask those questions myself... but would it cause problems? Would I be told simply that "we cannot verify who you are"? etc.?

I wonder should I go ahead with the congressman's effort to get information?

Why did they call from a phone number that shows up on someone's caller ID?

Is that how others have received phone calls from them? Did they give you no info (phone call was useless)?

Did you see a number show up on your phone too?

Strange!!

Thanks,

:draw:

:D outrageous, Guz sends a "call back" makes him sit for 2 weeks and they wont communicate :D

yes a call back for "approved come get your visa"

well everyone,

He GOT a phone call (finally) yesterday after 3 faxes and 3 e-mails...the person said: "You just have to wait" and "it's natural to wait".

when my husband asked "how long" will I have to wait? she said: "I can't tell you that".

When he asked "am I getting a visa or not"? She said, you might get a visa -- or -- you might NOT get a visa". ????????

WHATS THE POINT OF THAT PHONE CALL IF THEY DON'T ANSWER ANY QUESTION? what's the point? iS there some legitimate reason that they can't give any basic specifics over the phone?

THE ONLY THING SHE SAID IS THAT "waiting like this is normal" and "your (passport) is not lost".

????????

My husband gave me the person's cell phone number that came up on his phone. I would like to call that person and ask those questions myself... but would it cause problems? Would I be told simply that "we cannot verify who you are"? etc.?

Is that how others have received phone calls from them? Did they give you no info (phone call was useless)?

Strange!!

Thanks,

:draw:

:D outrageous, Guz sends a "call back" makes him sit for 2 weeks and they wont communicate :D

That's strange they won't give you a specific answer. They have always given me a specific answer when I asked.

"No, we haven't received your mail" - this went on for a month

"Your case is still processing. Check with us at a later date" - this went on for another 3 months.

"Yes, your visa is approved."

well everyone,

????????

Strange!!

Thanks,

:D

I think it was informational, in GUZ-speak. The fact that they called you to say nothing actually says something - that the case is in some sort of processing and hasn't been lost.

It IS very cruel to leave your husband sitting in Guangzhou, expecting a visa when none was coming. Hopefully, this will all come to fruition soon.

Thanks everyone!

:blink:

well everyone,

????????

Strange!!

Thanks,

:greenblob:

I think it was informational, in GUZ-speak. The fact that they called you to say nothing actually says something - that the case is in some sort of processing and hasn't been lost.

It IS very cruel to leave your husband sitting in Guangzhou, expecting a visa when none was coming. Hopefully, this will all come to fruition soon.