AOS Problems

Well, things were going so smoothly, got my biometrics appointment and today I came home to a letter in the mail, a RFE. They are requesting

"In order to process your application further, the petitioner/sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, must submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2's, 1099s, ect) submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for most recent tax year"

Ok, now I really want to rip out my hair because I sent in all this crap. Gave them everything. Now the fucked up thing is I called the service center to get more info on this matter but there is no option for a real person, just gives me that automated piece of shit with no help.

My issue is I have a co-sponsor so I don not know whos they need. Any advise would be helpful.

Im also concerned because my bio appointment is Nov 4 election day, are they complete idiots, I thought all agencies are closed on election day.

But my main concern is can I still do my biometrics even though I have this RFE and should I be really scared that my wife will be taken out of our country for this absolutely dumb shit they are pulling on me. They say I have 87 days to send this information in or my petition is denied.

Well, things were going so smoothly, got my biometrics appointment and today I came home to a letter in the mail, a RFE. They are requesting

"In order to process your application further, the petitioner/sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, must submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2's, 1099s, ect) submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for most recent tax year"

Ok, now I really want to rip out my hair because I sent in all this crap. Gave them everything. Now the fucked up thing is I called the service center to get more info on this matter but there is no option for a real person, just gives me that automated piece of shit with no help.

My issue is I have a co-sponsor so I don not know whos they need. Any advise would be helpful.

Im also concerned because my bio appointment is Nov 4 election day, are they complete idiots, I thought all agencies are closed on election day.

But my main concern is can I still do my biometrics even though I have this RFE and should I be really scared that my wife will be taken out of our country for this absolutely dumb shit they are pulling on me. They say I have 87 days to send this information in or my petition is denied.

A simple process here - settle down, send them what they ask for within 87 days, and go to the appts on the date specified, unless you'd rather re-schedule.

The biometrics are contracted out to a non-government agency

For the tax documents, if you can't figure out which were not included, you may want to send them for both you and your co-sponsor.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

I would send all tax info (sponsors and co-sponsors) call your local office about whether they will be open on the 4th for biometrics (seem to remember mine being at a different office though, but they should know).

They cant deport her she's legal.

good luck :ranting:

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

Thanks guys for your comments, what I would really like to know is how come now they send this crap. they approved my case gave me a bio appointment then 3 1/2 weeks later they send me a RFE for my taxes?? makes no damn sense.

Sometimes they lose things and ask for them again. Don't lose any sleep over something you get so easily.

Oh poo - don't sweat it all, right?

You filled out a bunch o forms for AOS - the I-864 is just one of them, processing runs in parallel for biometrics.

Calm Down a bit, send them either 1) a letter asking WHO's tax package or 2) send em everybodies..