Visa for Mother In-law

Hello Folks

My wife's mother got her visa to visit us. The whole process took about one month. She told my wife the the interview went well. VO was nice and ask her several questions. He ask what my name was, where I lived, why she wanted to come to America and how long she wanted to stay. The security guards helped her to the window and it took about 4 minutes. They gave her a one year visa.

Carl

Mine¡¯s coming too!

This is their 3rd trip here. The last time my mother in-law came she over stayed her Visa by 1 month. I told my wife that the chances of her getting a Visa may be more difficult because of that. The VO asked a few questions then reviewed her application and made one statement. ;)

¡°If you over stay your Visa this time¡­ No More Visa¡± (she¡¯s 68 years old) :angry:

She smiled and said OK! :D

Guess who¡¯s coming for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Easter¡­and dinner? ;)

Little Alex is excited! He just saw her this last spring and gets to see her again ¨C soon. B)

That is great to hear. I really thought it would be difficult to get a tourist visa. She also had to show assets and other legal paperwork. I am hoping my wife's sister can come as well next year. She is married and has a son. I think she has no problems demonstrating ties to china. Her husband is "party member"..hahaha

Carl

Mine¡¯s coming too!

This is their 3rd trip here. The last time my mother in-law came she over stayed her Visa by 1 month. I told my wife that the chances of her getting a Visa may be more difficult because of that. The VO asked a few questions then reviewed her application and made one statement. ;)

¡°If you over stay your Visa this time¡­ No More Visa¡± (she¡¯s 68 years old) :angry:

She smiled and said OK! :D

Guess who¡¯s coming for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Easter¡­and dinner? ;)

Little Alex is excited! He just saw her this last spring and gets to see her again ¨C soon. B)

That is great to hear. I really thought it would be difficult to get a tourist visa. She also had to show assets and other legal paperwork. I am hoping my wife's sister can come as well next year. She is married and has a son. I think she has no problems demonstrating ties to china. Her husband is "party member"..hahaha

Carl

I would hope that you wouldn¡¯t have any problems with your sister-in-law coming here.

My wife¡¯s brother comes here every year. His son is going to high school at an international school in LA. Of course he has a few assets including a lot of real estates and an Audi dealership which should be enough for the VO to know that he will return home. :lol:

Andrew