Cigarette Warnings in China...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

I noticed that China also requires labeling cigarettes with a warning, similar to that in the US. However, China gets right to the point:

"GOVERNMENT WARNING: SMOKING KILLS"

Look for Singapore Warning sometime.. They put the excised cancer on the package in a nice photo.

have a look !!!

http://www.smoke-free.ca/warnings/Singapore-warnings.htm

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

I noticed that China also requires labeling cigarettes with a warning, similar to that in the US. However, China gets right to the point:

IN ENGLISH???? :) AIMS NOT TO LET MOST OF THE PEOPLE KNOW!!

Many stores sell American cigarettes. The warning I described is affixed to each of the cigarette packages, and written in English. I think that's a good thing, don't you?

;)

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

IN ENGLISH???? :blink: AIMS NOT TO LET MOST OF THE PEOPLE KNOW!!

Many stores sell American cigarettes. The warning I described is affixed to each of the cigarette packages, and written in English. I think that's a good thing, don't you?

:huh:

And maybe the same warning should be applied to Twinkies. ;)

Guest ShaQuaNew

;)

Or at least put a picture of a big-butt on the package. Darn it, I can't find any twinkies anywhere...

Guest WenDylan

Or some kind of photo, so it is universally understood that bad things will happen to those who don't use caution.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/495102857_5367221e95.jpg

Guest ShaQuaNew

;)

Or at least put a picture of a big-butt on the package. Darn it, I can't find any twinkies anywhere...

I did see these over at the Metro store though. I might have to try a couple of packages tonight...

http://i36.tinypic.com/demf5l.jpg

;)

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Guest WenDylan

;)

I did see these over at the Metro store though. I might have to try a couple of packages tonight...

http://i36.tinypic.com/demf5l.jpg

;)

We could just adopt a warning system that already seems to work flawlessly...

http://msp232.photobucket.com/albums/ee44/robert111255/top_warning-1.jpg

Guest ShaQuaNew

I have a pack of Chunghwa filter kings here and there is no health warning in English. Don't read Chinese so not sure if there is one there or not.

I can't read the Chinese characters either. I've noticed that the American brands of cigarettes, like Marlboro, Parliament, and so forth have the warnings written in English.