Filling out I-129F, a couple of questions

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I would like begin by apologizing up front if this question has already been answered. I have been trolling around here for a while and even used the search function, but I can't seem to find this exact problem.

I'm filling out the I-129F but my fiance's address is really freakin long. Is it necessary to fill in "such and such Garden" and "such and such Area" when putting in the address? Obviously since I'm filling everything in on the computer it won't fit in the space provided. I would have to hand write it really small to fit it in. Do they not want hand written forms?

Also, she does go by another name than what is on her passport and other ID documents, how does this affect processing time?

Thanks for any help you can give.

D@vid

Guest ShaQuaNew

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I would like begin by apologizing up front if this question has already been answered. I have been trolling around here for a while and even used the search function, but I can't seem to find this exact problem.

I'm filling out the I-129F but my fiance's address is really freakin long. Is it necessary to fill in "such and such Garden" and "such and such Area" when putting in the address? Obviously since I'm filling everything in on the computer it won't fit in the space provided. I would have to hand write it really small to fit it in. Do they not want hand written forms?

Also, she does go by another name than what is on her passport and other ID documents, how does this affect processing time?

Thanks for any help you can give.

D@vid

Hello David, and welcome to Candle... :)

As for your partner's address, make sure you write the complete address as it translates into English. My address here in Nanjing is extremely long by US standards, but if I don't write it out completely, including the city, area of town, the street name and number, building, unit, and apartment number, and zipcode, then mail may not get there. This is the address they will enter into the system, so, write it correctly, and always write it the same way thereafter. I actually wrote small so that I could include two or three lines in the same field.

As for her name, I would suggest using only the names that appear on her passport and resident documents. Write it exactly as it appears there. Avoid complications by completing the information as required. Avoid using aliases or nicknames if they don't appear on official documents (e.g., passport, birth certificate, and so on).

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

David - I wrote the address in English, long form, in my word processor using 20 point type, printed it out.

Then I used a copier to reduce it to fit in that space.

Finally, I cut out the address and used GLUE to glue the address ONTO the form.

Did the same thing with chinese address on other forms.

Continuation Sheets Suck - IMO rarely will get read.

Wow! You guys are amazing. I was expecting maybe one reply at best. Thank you so much for the info, it will definitely help.

She has one name that is on all of her documents and she goes by another name but I don't think she uses it for documents or anything like that. I'll just leave it off then if it just creates confusion.

D@vid

I agree with the first part Darnell. But not so much with the second. The instructions say right at the top to use a separate sheet of paper if you need more space. Given the nature of addresses in China I'll bet many don't fit in the space provided. I know ours didn't. I'm sure many filers who don't have the word processing/printers skills you have (me included :victory: ) have used continuation or appendix sheets with their petitions.

If they were rarely read I'd think we'd be hearing from a lot of people here and on VJ that petitions were being rejected/lost/misdirected because of the lack of information that not reading those extra sheets would lead to. Just my 2 cents. :D

Guest ShaQuaNew

I agree with the first part Darnell. But not so much with the second. The instructions say right at the top to use a separate sheet of paper if you need more space. Given the nature of addresses in China I'll bet many don't fit in the space provided. I know ours didn't. I'm sure many filers who don't have the word processing/printers skills you have (me included ;) ) have used continuation or appendix sheets with their petitions.

If they were rarely read I'd think we'd be hearing from a lot of people here and on VJ that petitions were being rejected/lost/misdirected because of the lack of information that not reading those extra sheets would lead to. Just my 2 cents. ;)

Agree about the use of continuation sheets. When completing the paperwork for our process, whenever I got to a field containing a question where the answer required more room, I typed (See Attachment (A, B, C, and so on). I spent a good deal of time formatting the attachments and clearly labeling them. For example, some questions requested a work or school history. I labeled the attachment so that the columns matched those on the form:

1. Column 1 = Name of School

2. Column 2 = Address / Location

3. Column 3 = Dates From / To

...and so on...

:)