Mr YANG and the VISA mailing process?

Hello again all-- :)

I know I'm power posting-- this site is a great place for suggestions and info-- excellent so thanks to everyone who's giving a hand!

My husband was told still NO visa today (Friday in China) and that now he'll have to wait until Tuesday or later!! They said they don't work on Sat, Sun or MON!! (who knows how long).

HOw the woman who was approved for a visa the same day he picked up his pink slip got her visa at the post office yesterday-- and my husband is still waiting-- I can't understand but I do know that through this process we've seen so much inconsistency it's incredible...that's the only thing I can say is it's the usual inconsistencies at work??

SO, we're thinking of having MR. YANG (or other trustworthy services?) to pick up his visa and having him mail it to my husband so my husband can go home. Hotel prices are SUCKING the money we'd be spending on a plane ticket all up-- and both of us are tight on money...can't see spending another $200 USD on hotel stays and still guarantees.

Anyone know how to use Mr. Yang's services and how it works, how safe it is...

I'd love to hear people's experiences with him or other reliable, trustworthy services to have the visa picked up from the post office and mailed to him.

Any ideas or suggestions or experience stories? how long it takes?

HOw much it costs?

THanks so much!!!!

Guest Rob & Jin

Mr Yang is trustworthy, he can pick it up and post it to you (do you have relationship with him ?)ie stayed there .

visas are printed on monday, will be available for pick up on tuesday (assuming its been approved and issued)call DOS monday to find that out and fax GUZ sunday.

dont know what he charges for this service, but you can call him or email to ask.

Rob and Jin thanks!

You gave some really helpful info...

My husband turned in the congrats letter on Monday and not until Tuesday was he able to pick up his pink letter. Then he was told to wait.

So, I'm wondering if that's why he still hasn't received it at the post office...? The timing...? (he was at the consulate at about 2-3 p.m. on Monday).

:rolleyes:

Mr Yang is trustworthy, he can pick it up and post it to you (do you have relationship with him ?)ie stayed there .

visas are printed on monday, will be available for pick up on tuesday (assuming its been approved and issued)call DOS monday to find that out and fax GUZ sunday.

dont know what he charges for this service, but you can call him or email to ask.

we waited 11 days from pink paper to visa issued. i advise stay at MR yangs they will support you.

most on cfl just wait 2 - 3 days, but many wait much longer. its normal. fax Embassy is best they called me on my mobile in china next day and explained things. ok

if she can talk on chinese forum it will be better to explain. :rolleyes:

Hello again all-- :doorscared:

SO, we're thinking of having MR. YANG (or other trustworthy services?) to pick up his visa and having him mail it to my husband so my husband can go home. Hotel prices are SUCKING the money we'd be spending on a plane ticket all up-- and both of us are tight on money...can't see spending another $200 USD on hotel stays and still guarantees.

THanks so much!!!!

We stayed at one of Mr. Yang's 2 bedroom apartment for 10 days last year March. Mr. Yang is humble, respectful and trustworthy. Give him a call and tell him what you need.

Just a few thingies -

1. Is Guangzhou Trade Fair Now - hotel rates are uually 70 to 100 percent higher than 'normal', even the Yang's housing.

2. If GUZ mailed it Friday, is possible to receive in mail at China Post on Saturday or Sunday (they don't close unless Chinese Holiday, and even then, have reduced hours).

3. Did he write down the EMS tracking number? Is he checking it online via the EMS tracking portal?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Hi, thanks for the help!

1. you are right! He found out before he went...so when he got there, he found another family who has hotels in the same bldg. as Mr. Yang.

2. Really he can get it on Sat, Sun? They told him they're closed and don't deliver visas to the post office on Sat, Sun or Mon?? The people at the post office told him clearly he can only pick it up Tuesday-Friday. ??

3. I don't know-- good question! :blink: I think he gave it to me-- I am not totally sure it's an "EMS #" though? ex

He's there 10 days now as of today and he still doesn't have it. I can't fax out for some reason...we both e-mailed GUZ,but that's about it. I can't fax them....have some problem with my VOIP and faxing out.

Thanks for the great tips!

:huh:

Just a few thingies -

1. Is Guangzhou Trade Fair Now - hotel rates are uually 70 to 100 percent higher than 'normal', even the Yang's housing.

2. If GUZ mailed it Friday, is possible to receive in mail at China Post on Saturday or Sunday (they don't close unless Chinese Holiday, and even then, have reduced hours).

3. Did he write down the EMS tracking number? Is he checking it online via the EMS tracking portal?

Really?

Yes, today is his 10th day and others are telling him: "there's something wrong-- that's not natural and so he's almost given up.

I hope there's no problem.

That system of mailing it to the post office is ridiculous!

Why can't they just have them pick it up at the window?

They must have a good reason!

:blink:

Thanks!

we waited 11 days from pink paper to visa issued. i advise stay at MR yangs they will support you.

most on cfl just wait 2 - 3 days, but many wait much longer. its normal. fax Embassy is best they called me on my mobile in china next day and explained things. ok

if she can talk on chinese forum it will be better to explain. :huh:

Hi!

Did it take you 10 days from pink slip to getting the visa?

He's been there 10 days now and still no visa. :0

So it's better to find others have had same experience!

I wonder if it can also indicate a problem at the last minute.

?

Thanks again! :huh:

Hello again all-- :blink:

THanks so much!!!!

We stayed at one of Mr. Yang's 2 bedroom apartment for 10 days last year March. Mr. Yang is humble, respectful and trustworthy. Give him a call and tell him what you need.

Yes, you can pick up on Saturday. We went to pick up in June and ended up with a blue.

My wife just went 2 Saturday ago and picked up her visa. She turned the call in letter in on Wednesday and was able to pick up on Saturday.

Something is wrong if nothing is happening for 10 days. There has been time when the machine broke down and it has taken over 2 weeks, but I haven't heard of that problem recently and your husband and my wife went to turn in the call-in letter at the same time.

Can't he or you call or email GUZ to see what the hold up is? 10 days is too long

We did..

we both e-mailed them yesterday.

haven't heard back yet.

Some others (above) have said it took them 10 and 11 days. Perhaps it's possible.

I don't know.

I'm just waiting for the next surprise around the next corner-- you never know what it will be.

SO you got a blue paper in the mail when you went to pick up your visa at the post office?

BUMMER!

That is always a possbility for us I suppose. Anything is possible I believe now.

But he's already been through 2 blues. So I thought they wouldn't jack us around and do this to us esp. by letting him come all the way here to get his visa...and then slapping him with a blue.

let's hope not.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

:0

Yes, you can pick up on Saturday. We went to pick up in June and ended up with a blue.

My wife just went 2 Saturday ago and picked up her visa. She turned the call in letter in on Wednesday and was able to pick up on Saturday.

Something is wrong if nothing is happening for 10 days. There has been time when the machine broke down and it has taken over 2 weeks, but I haven't heard of that problem recently and your husband and my wife went to turn in the call-in letter at the same time.

Can't he or you call or email GUZ to see what the hold up is? 10 days is too long

I don't think they that cruel! It's possible they might have misplaced the mail.

If they were to give you another blue or worse, I think you have it another already by now. Our pink turned into a blue within 2 days in June!

GUZ will usually response within 1 or 2 days of email. Have you try calling DOS? I never had good experience with DOS since their information lags.