Waiting for visa to arrive post office

Well, hubby is getting worried that some odds are against him...he handed the "congrats your immigrant visa is approved" letter and his passport in on Monday-- Tuesday came back for the pink paper and was told to wait for the visa to arrive in the mail--

But he told me last night he's feeling a little discouraged (mind you we've been through 2 blue papers after the interview in July) and it's been a long CR-1 road for us (1.5 years to the tee to this point).

So, he said he feels something isn't right.

He also said that a lady who had her interview that day (lilblimp was that your wife?) got her pink slip and then yesterday picked up her visa at the post office!

So, especially since that lady got her visa in the mail, he's feeling "why didn't mine come in"?

I told him not to worry-- that it might just take a day longer or so...not to worry.

But...we both can't help feel that it isn't over until it's over and that anything could happen for the worse! haha

I read somewhere (here at CFL)? that someone who got a pink slip and waited for the visa to arrive at post office then received a blue slip in lieu of a visa!

Well, that would be cruel and unusual if that happened...but... hopefully that's not the case (since we've already been through the blue papers, etc., etc.).

:)

Well, hubby is getting worried that some odds are against him...he handed the "congrats your immigrant visa is approved" letter and his passport in on Monday-- Tuesday came back for the pink paper and was told to wait for the visa to arrive in the mail--

But he told me last night he's feeling a little discouraged (mind you we've been through 2 blue papers after the interview in July) and it's been a long CR-1 road for us (1.5 years to the tee to this point).

So, he said he feels something isn't right.

He also said that a lady who had her interview that day (lilblimp was that your wife?) got her pink slip and then yesterday picked up her visa at the post office!

So, especially since that lady got her visa in the mail, he's feeling "why didn't mine come in"?

I told him not to worry-- that it might just take a day longer or so...not to worry.

But...we both can't help feel that it isn't over until it's over and that anything could happen for the worse! haha

I read somewhere (here at CFL)? that someone who got a pink slip and waited for the visa to arrive at post office then received a blue slip in lieu of a visa!

Well, that would be cruel and unusual if that happened...but... hopefully that's not the case (since we've already been through the blue papers, etc., etc.).

:D

I can understand your nervousness.

From what I have read, the visa usually takes 2 or 3 days to arrive by post. The consulate has signed off on your blue slips, so I think you have little to worry about.

It took 4 days for my fiancees visa to arrive her home in Foshan from the interview date of october 15th. She had a tracking number from EMS provided from guangzhou the day of her interview.We were bitting nails during the wait.

yes, but you could have had it in 2 days if you had waited in Guangzhou to pick up.

so talk about different thing "posting visa inside Guangdong province"

That was my next question everyone---

HE went again this morning... STILL NO VISA and now they told him maybe TUESDAY or LATER because they don't work on Sat, Sun or MON!!!

My husband is so tired of waiting in a hotel room (during the CAnton business fair when hotel prices have skyrocketed-- he's sitting there twiddling his thumbs without a phone or internet so we can't even talk...and it's just plain frustraing.

We're considering having it mailed to him now....MR YANG can do that?

I wonder if it's too late because we didn't notify the VO or anyone who he submitted the papers to. ??

Does anyone know how that process works???

Gosh, this last minute waiting feels like pins and needles-- or like being dragged over hot coals slowly and really slowly.... :)

Thanks a bunch everyone!!

:)

cam

It took 4 days for my fiancees visa to arrive her home in Foshan from the interview date of october 15th. She had a tracking number from EMS provided from guangzhou the day of her interview.We were bitting nails during the wait.

HEY HOMERSIMPSONS CONGRATS!!!!! SO YOU GOT THE VISA????

AWESOME!!

HOw long did it take when you came back to get it?

:rolleyes:

They can't be that cruel!

We jut got our Visa last week(after getting a pink at interview and then a blue at pickup)

My wife went to turn in the Call-In Letter on Wednesday. She stayed there in GUZ and picked up at China Postal on Saturday.