Question 21 on I-130

Hi, I'm trying to complete the I-130, but have a question on how to answer question 21. It asks where and when did we live together and how long. My Wife and I have not lived together except for the two times I went to visit her which were only about 10 to 12 day each visit and I stayed in her home. Since we do not have any history of living together, this is the reason of course for the I-130, so we can get her a visa and live together here. Any help on answering this question will be great.

Thanks,

Gary

Yep, N/A, consider I-130 may also be used DCF when filing for a visa at the consulate, at that time you would have something to but on this line.

Also NOTE: I suspect a MOD may come along some time soon and move this post to the correct "General Visa Discussion & First Steps" Forum. the "Polls & Surveys" forum is for "Polls & Surveys" :rolleyes:

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Well, I took a different approach with question 21.

I took the question literally and answered the question with from March 6th to March 30th and gave her address in China.

21. If filing for your husband/wife, give last address at which you lived together. (Include street, city, province, if any, and country):

Since we did live together in her apartment, I figured why not.

Just my take on the question..... :P :unsure: :angry:

Tom and Ling

Hi, I'm trying to complete the I-130, but have a question on how to answer question 21. It asks where and when did we live together and how long. My Wife and I have not lived together except for the two times I went to visit her which were only about 10 to 12 day each visit and I stayed in her home. Since we do not have any history of living together, this is the reason of course for the I-130, so we can get her a visa and live together here. Any help on answering this question will be great.

Thanks,

Gary

I took the question literally and answered the question with from March 6th to March 30th and gave her address in China.

21. If filing for your husband/wife, give last address at which you lived together. (Include street, city, province, if any, and country):

Just my take on the question..... :P :D :D

Tom and Ling

Thanks,

Gary

The problem I see with that is... ANYTHING stated on a form or at the interview can be slipped for proof. I'm curious what proof you would supply if they said, 'show us evidence you lived in china together'?

If they take you as literal as you take the form, then I suspect you could have a very difficult time showing you literally 'lived together' in the way this phrase is most often intended. A ticket to china doesn't prove it at all...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Well David,

In March 6th to March 30th,,,beside having a plane ticket,

We were married and registered our marriage, as well as money was

deposited to her savings account, we had a big wedding dinner...so why would after Ling and I were married...would anybody think that we didn't live together and in her apartment???

Tom and Ling

Just my take on the question..... :P :) :D

Tom and Ling

Thanks,

Gary

The problem I see with that is... ANYTHING stated on a form or at the interview can be slipped for proof. I'm curious what proof you would supply if they said, 'show us evidence you lived in china together'?

If they take you as literal as you take the form, then I suspect you could have a very difficult time showing you literally 'lived together' in the way this phrase is most often intended. A ticket to china doesn't prove it at all...

Well David,

In March 6th to March 30th,,,beside having a plane ticket,

We were married and registered our marriage, as well as money was

deposited to her savings account, we had a big wedding dinner...so why would after Ling and I were married...would anybody think that we didn't live together and in her apartment???

Tom and Ling

I hear what your saying... but none of that is proof you lived there...

If you registered with the PSB that you were staying in that house... then that would be better proof...

It's semantics on some level... I would just normally avoid anything which might lead GUZ to question something that's not in the normal useage of a question... it's water under the bridge for now...