Hong Kong marriage, K3 Question

I read through the posts, it seems that everyone here is processing throught Guangzhou. My wife and I just married on the 8th of Sept, so I haven't been able to start our I-130 yet. I want to know if anyone knows about any advantages or disadvantages of us marrying in Hong Kong rather than on the mainland. I read that our K-3 is processed at the counsulate in Hong Kong rather than Guangzhou, am I correct. She is a mainlander living in Guangzhou. Thanks.

Damian

I considered doing the same thing and even went through the registration process. Alas the K1 came through. How would she go to the interview in HK? I visited the consulate there, very nice compared to GZ. We also considered getting married in New Zealand while she was going to school there. I thought as a student NZ would take jurisdiction. It is easier to marry in HK, NZ or Thailand but the consulates might kick it back to China because of her needing a legitimate visa to go to HK again. It seems to contradict the rule that says your case will be processed in the country that you married in.

Congratulations, as well.