K-3 Disaster!

Guest LizhongArt

Guest LizhongArt

Lizhong and I were married on Feb. 22, 2002. We were married in Tianjin, China. In March 2002, I began to follow the INS procedure for getting a Visa for my wife, which I was told by INS to file an I-129F & an I-130 form.

To get to the bottom line, all paper work was completed and the status for my wife's Visa was changed to a CR-1. My side of the Visa paperwork was approved finally in December 2002 and papers were forwarded to Guangzhou for Lizhong to be processed and get her Visa.

Today, September 11, 2003, the only answer I receive from Guangzhou is that they are waiting on the "Security Namecheck" to be completed and then they will set an interview date.

I have Congressman Farr of California investigating this matter. He sent one authorized request in August this year. He notified me after 4 weeks, that Guangzhou has not replied, and he has again requested the status and why it has taken them so long to process.

As it stands at this point, Lizhong and I have not a clue as to when she will get her packet, take her physical, etc. and finally receive her Visa.

It is a real nightmare. Guangzhou has a website. I contacted them several times, using the form on their website. I finally received the reply I stated above after 3 or 4 E-mails to them.

So frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LizhongArt

The !-130 & the I-129F both were approved.

Actually, at this point she has two Case Numbers! I am not sure which one is being processed for the Security Name Check. Funny, that is what the delay is, and my wife hasn't even had an interview yet! Crazy!

It was when it arrived in Guangzhou that they changed it to a CR-1, which is a Conditional Residency and they claim is a "k-3" Visa, just changed it to CR-1.

I see you had an approval dates similar to mine. However, you show packet dates. LiLi hasn't received any packets yet.

I am sorry that your wait has been so long. Again, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it at all, everyone's case is different. The only thing that makes any sense to me is that it was changed from K3 to CR1 due to your priority date in which case you should hear something from NVC. These dates do affect the family-based petition/visa (I-130)/(K3-CR1).

The approval of the I-130 for Husband or wife of a USC falls under section 201b of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)

Has your I-130 petition been approved?, and if so look at your priority date.

It may be that, due to your date, that your wife has become eligible for the CR1 visa.

DOS website has information about priority dates.

%%- good luck