School Transcripts

This probably a silly question, but my wife has my son's transcripts, of course they are in chinese. My wife wants to translate them and then get the translated information "stamped" at the school. Evidently this has been agreed upon with her and the school. My thought is to go to the "notary", but lao po says she doesn't want to pay the money ;) ... any suggestions?

This probably a silly question, but my wife has my son's transcripts, of course they are in chinese. My wife wants to translate them and then get the translated information "stamped" at the school. Evidently this has been agreed upon with her and the school. My thought is to go to the "notary", but lao po says she doesn't want to pay the money ;) ... any suggestions?

Sir Charles

I see you still need more training and I'm sure you that in the coming

months you'll get your fair share

"Rule one

Lao Po is never wrong

"Rule two even when Lao Po is wrong refur back to rule one"

As I recall we didn't do the "notary" thingie

We opted for the "lit red chinese stamp" on each page and it

worked at well

I'm sure others will chime in and offer different iideals

oh and BTW I see y'all got pink last week

"Congrats"

take care and best of luck in the future

God Bless.........

An official stamp declares the transcripts to be official, regardless of the language.

Have you checked the school in the USA? What do they want for 'official transcripts' ?

An official stamp declares the transcripts to be official, regardless of the language.

Have you checked the school in the USA? What do they want for 'official transcripts' ?

They want a transcript. I have an offical transcript, but I don't think it would do them or my son any good if it is in Chinese. :rolleyes:

I think Cuzzin from Houston said, the offical red stamp worked for him.

I was hoping someone with experience with this situation, might share thier information. If I ask the school, they will say, they want offical.... but we know they probably can't read Chinese. They won't know the difference if we get the "Official Red Stamp" on translated forms.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

They want a transcript. I have an offical transcript, but I don't think it would do them or my son any good if it is in Chinese. :unsure:

I was hoping someone with experience with this situation, might share thier information. If I ask the school, they will say, they want offical.... but we know they probably can't read Chinese. They won't know the difference if we get the "Official Red Stamp" on translated forms.

I just went through this in September, with my 12 year old daughter who started the 7th grade here in California this semester.

The middle school said a photo copy was fine, no notary needed.

I made the photo copy of her China transcript which had the final grades from her 6th grade term and stated she was eligible to promote to the 7th grade, and then, with my wife's help, wrote in English the name of the subject for each of her six classes, next to the corresponding grade for each class.

Our local school accepted it with thanks.

BTW, my daughter received her first qtr. grade report on Friday: Three A's and one B+ and two B's, all with limited English proficiency !!

I am so proud of her and her work/study ethic :rolleyes:

They want a transcript. I have an offical transcript, but I don't think it would do them or my son any good if it is in Chinese. ;)

I just went through this in September, with my 12 year old daughter who started the 7th grade here in California this semester.

The middle school said a photo copy was fine, no notary needed.

I made the photo copy of her China transcript which had the final grades from her 6th grade term and stated she was eligible to promote to the 7th grade, and then, with my wife's help, wrote in English the name of the subject for each of her six classes, next to the corresponding grade for each class.

Our local school accepted it with thanks.

BTW, my daughter received her first qtr. grade report on Friday: Three A's and one B+ and two B's, all with limited English proficiency !!

I am so proud of her and her work/study ethic :D

Thanks Roger. That is basically what my wife was told on 001 site.

Really the only thing I need is her and him on a plane set for ATL!!

:huh: :redblob:

This probably a silly question, but my wife has my son's transcripts, of course they are in chinese. My wife wants to translate them and then get the translated information "stamped" at the school. Evidently this has been agreed upon with her and the school. My thought is to go to the "notary", but lao po says she doesn't want to pay the money :huh: ... any suggestions?

I went through this recently too. Jie's son is 11 and started the fifth grade. We had his school transcripts translated, but when we got here, the school never even wanted to see them. I told them we had them, they just said, "no need". (maybe because it was only the fifth grade?) Anyway, he is learning english, in an ESL program, and doing fine. The only thing the school really was interested in was those vaccinations. The little yellow book from Guangzhou really helped there. Without it his little arm would be a lot more sore now!

Jeff