Blue Sheeted

Hi, I am new to the forum.

I have been living in China for the last 3+ years. I came to china to study as a college student(Chinese Language).

My fiancee went in for her interview on September 9th......

They asked her 4-5 questions

1) what am I(referring to me) doing here?Do I work?

2) what does my father do?

3) Did I graduate College?

4) How do we communicate? she said in chinese. Then the officer said really. My fiancee said yes, better then you(with a laugh).

By the way my fiancee doesn't speak english and the officer was communicating in chinese in which she could not understand what the officer was saying at time.

She answered all the questions then the officer asked her if she has any paperwork that shows us together. So she showed them a whole bunch of photos that she brought along. After looking at them the officer took out a blue sheet and started writing. My fiancee asked him what about all the other stuff that she brought? He said let me see, My fiancee give him written statement from my father + one from my sister from when they came to china to see my fiancee. My fathers I-134 + Mine's. Bank statments showing me recieving money every month, my passport and my student id. Then the officer told her "I AM SORRY NO VISA TODAY" go xx window.

The blue sheet stated 221g and asked to send in: "boyfriends Chinese school records".

So I went to the University were I studied and received a certificate of study from the foreign affairs office + got letter of recommendations from one of my teachers in english and chinese. Also send in my bank statements showing payments to the university and showing that my father does send me money every month to support me since I don't work. Send in my chinese university id translated.

that was a month ago, so I sent in an e-mail to Guangzhou asking for a status update and they sent me

"Thank you for your inquiry.

The case is under administrative processing. We will contact the

beneficiary by mail once the case is ready for continued processing.

Your patience is appreciated."

Then I sent them another e-mail asking them an how long was it going to take they replied back

The case is under administrative processing which may take several

months at least. Please wait in patience for our further notice."

Is there ap a reason to be concerned?

I don't understand why they want my Chinese school Records?

Is there anything I can do at this point?

You don't have a reason to worry yet. They focused on your school records for some reason, and decided to not award the visa without them.

Maybe something came up during the name check that they want to look at more closely. Keep your fingers crossed - there's no guarantee that you will get the visa.

This was probably decided before the interview, and was not due to anything that happened at the interview.

Thank you for your reply's.....

Should I keep on e-mailing IV or would that make the situation worse?

I would be a waste of time. They will let you know when they are ready. Emails do not speed things up. As far as making the situation worse? Yes I believe so. They will be busy answering emails instead of processing the cases.

Thank you for your reply's.....

Should I keep on e-mailing IV or would that make the situation worse?

i would wait another month and then start emailing them every week or so. it seems they make some folks wait 2-3 months after turning in documents before they make a decision. hopefully your fiancee will soon receive the "call in letter" stating she is approved and needs to bring her passport to the consulate. they could also request more documents or send you a denial. good luck!

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

I wouldn't worry-- seems they can ask for just about anything that tickles their fancy and though they have their reasons (usually nothing to worry about), it may not be obvious to us at first...and YES it feels like "hair splitting"!

THey probably just want to understand and verify your living situation in the context of your relationship (that you indeed live and work in China and that you're honest about your stuff)... maybe because it's not that common.

It's probably just something like that.

Don't worry.

Just focus (you already did I think) on answering the questions or providing a diligent statement (if appropriate) and/or sending them whatever they need/asking for-- try to send nothing less and nothing more. Put some thought into it before you send it-- make sure it's all there and

that's all you can do (other than inquire from time to time).

I would probably wait a few more weeks or a month.

THey say several months...but usually it won't take that long-- but if you tick them off (who knows)?

So...it's okay to inquire within a reasonable amount of time out but try not to be rocking the boat too soon.

Let it work its course.

Don't worry! :huh: Everything will probably be just fine!

Good luck to you!!!

I have been living in China for the last 3+ years. I came to china to study as a college student(Chinese Language).

4) How do we communicate? she said in chinese. Then the officer said really. My fiancee said yes, better then you(with a laugh).

By the way my fiancee doesn't speak english and the officer was communicating in chinese in which she could not understand what the officer was saying at time.

She answered all the questions then the officer asked her if she has any paperwork that shows us together. So she showed them a whole bunch of photos that she brought along. After looking at them the officer took out a blue sheet and started writing. My fiancee asked him what about all the other stuff that she brought? He said let me see, My fiancee give him written statement from my father + one from my sister from when they came to china to see my fiancee. My fathers I-134 + Mine's. Bank statments showing me recieving money every month, my passport and my student id. Then the officer told her "I AM SORRY NO VISA TODAY" go xx window.

The blue sheet stated 221g and asked to send in: "boyfriends Chinese school records".

So I went to the University were I studied and received a certificate of study from the foreign affairs office + got letter of recommendations from one of my teachers in english and chinese. Also send in my bank statements showing payments to the university and showing that my father does send me money every month to support me since I don't work. Send in my chinese university id translated.

that was a month ago, so I sent in an e-mail to Guangzhou asking for a status update and they sent me

Then I sent them another e-mail asking them an how long was it going to take they replied back

• 2 weeks later...

Whats is the average wait times for AP......

It varies widely because each case is different. Any time a blue slip is issued it moves to AP. Some are resolved in just a few weeks and others go on forever.

Give them what they requested clean and neat, don't go overboard but don't try to shortcut the request.

If you've been told to schedule using the call in service get yourself an appointment scheduled and work on the paperwork. Many times the next appointment date is a month or so out.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems "AP" is common theme and nothing to worry about in itself...just means they are processing whatever.

As long as you gave them what they need.

Now just "wait".

Seems GUZ (perhaps all immigration) is more infamous for "hurry up and wait" than Navy is!

LOL

Good luck!

Remember, it could have been a white-- so at least they are considering your stuff and taking it seriously (that's what an attorney here told me when we got two blue slips).