this is western passion

Guest jin979

Not this type of music. What makes you think ALL Americans like Classical music? :lol:

I read all the pages in this post. Why are you giving the OP crap? She is from the Orient, otherwise known as the East. Europe and the Americas are generally known to the people in the East as the West.

She never said Americans and she certainly never said "ALL".

Back off roadrunner.

You back off! I know she is from the Orient, but she is generalizing about ALL westerners. Her statement is untrue.

Edited by Li & John (see edit history)
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not this type of music. What makes you think ALL Americans like Classical music? :lol:

I read all the pages in this post. Why are you giving the OP crap? She is from the Orient, otherwise known as the East. Europe and the Americas are generally known to the people in the East as the West.

Back off roadrunner.

You back off! I know she is from the Orient, but she is generalizing about ALL westerners. Her statement is untrue.

please take time to read my writings and realize what i am saying, no need to get angry. :)

Guest ShaQuaNew

Back off roadrunner.

please take time to read my writings and realize what i am saying, no need to get angry. :)

I am in full support of your efforts here on Candle. Thank you for being an active contributor. I for one appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be a part of our little place...

:)

this was post. about how as i a chinese see some examples of western expression of passion and feelings.

dont see why there should be angry on this, just post your own images, music.

i dont understand why so many here what to constantly talk differences in cultures and views always so negative. be positive ok :lol:

Guest Rob & Jin

The last one that you posted (Rob Zombie) is the only real good music on this thread. The rest is maybe what others will like but not me. Hey, nice try! :)

Hi jin,

I am a Westerner (USA). I am not passionate about classical music (it's OK, but not my favorite), but I am passionate about people being able to share ideas and thoughts without others making them feel they have done something wrong. You have done nothing wrong. I am sorry that others here have been so rude to you. Please continue to post here. I enjoy reading everyones posts, but I especially like to read the thoughts and ideas of people from the East. It helps me understand Asians better in general, and especially the Chinese and my beautiful fiancee in particular. And, I like to think that we can make some good friends here from both East and West. :blink:

I am an American. I like classical music a lot. But then I like a lot of different types of music as well. I have a CD juke box that holds 100 CD's. They range from Beethoven, Pavarati, Crosby, Stills and Nash, American Fiddle, Jazz by Keiko Matsui, Moody Blues, Native American and others. I like to listen to the Chinese musicians that my wife likes as well.

Passion in music varies for everyone. Some are very narrow minded about what they like, some are not. Usually this reflects on how they are with life and other things in general. :blink:

Some are very narrow minded about what they like, some are not. Usually this reflects on how they are with life and other things in general. :lol:

Well said eseum!! You're spot on.

Jin, don't let the usual narrow minded suspects here who choose to see the world only in black or white prevent you from attempting to add a few of the other colors from the crayon box of life. :D

All I am saying is not everyone likes Classical music, if you do fine but I am just expressing my opinion about this subject. Why should I be "bashed" for that? I also like a lot of different types of music from different countries and cultures. Is it because I don't like Classical music that makes me a narrow minded person?

Edited by Li & John (see edit history)

All I am saying is not everyone likes Classical music, if you do fine but I am just expressing my opinion about this subject. Why should I be "bashed" for that? I also like a lot of different types of music from different countries and cultures. Is it because I don't like Classical music that makes me a narrow minded person?

Except that's not ALL you said. You started out by questioning her title for the thread. It's her damn thread for crying out loud! She can name it whatever she wants.

Then you took a harmless thread asking whether others agree that Classical music is a passion in the west and turned into a West vs East thing. Seems like fairly provincial thinking to me. BTW, you do realize that the "West" includes many other countries besides the US right?

Then you accused her of generalizing about American tastes in music,which she clearly didn't do. All she basically did was ask if that type of music was a passion for others. So it's not your cup o' tea...good for you. All you had to do was say so. Why be so confrontational about music for pete's sake?

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)