Can't get ahold of the US Consulate in Beijing

Hi, I've been trying unsuccessfully to contact the US consulate in Beijing to make an appointment with them to file my I-130. I've tried emailing and haven't heard back from them after 4 business days. I've tried calling, with no answer. I even left them my number for them to call back and it's been 3 weeks with no call back. I was lucky 2 weeks ago and called around 4pm or so and got ahold of someone on the line, who said I couldn't make the appointment so soon. So, now that I'm ready to make the appointment, no one from that office is willing to respond to email or answer the phone. Here is the contact number and email I tried:

010 8529 6740

DHSBeijing-CIS@dhs.gov

Has anyone had any experience with this office? Also, is there a specific time that someone picks up the phone there? Any advice or suggestions would be helpful to get through to them. Thanks.

Hi, I've been trying unsuccessfully to contact the US consulate in Beijing to make an appointment with them to file my I-130. I've tried emailing and haven't heard back from them after 4 business days. I've tried calling, with no answer. I even left them my number for them to call back and it's been 3 weeks with no call back. I was lucky 2 weeks ago and called around 4pm or so and got ahold of someone on the line, who said I couldn't make the appointment so soon. So, now that I'm ready to make the appointment, no one from that office is willing to respond to email or answer the phone. Here is the contact number and email I tried:

010 8529 6740

DHSBeijing-CIS@dhs.gov

Has anyone had any experience with this office? Also, is there a specific time that someone picks up the phone there? Any advice or suggestions would be helpful to get through to them. Thanks.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I have to ask are you trying to do a direct filing of the I-130 because you live in China right now? I can't say that I know how you go about that, but it might be easier to go there in person to get some answers.

I'm sure that someone with more knowledge on what you are trying to do will chime in soon.

thanks. We live in Nanchang, which is a day's trainride to Beijing. If we were living in Beijing, we would do that. I make an average English Teacher's salary so i can't afford to physically go there and come back, especially to try and get the days off and do that.

010 8529 6740

DHSBeijing-CIS@dhs.gov

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I have to ask are you trying to do a direct filing of the I-130 because you live in China right now? I can't say that I know how you go about that, but it might be easier to go there in person to get some answers.

I'm sure that someone with more knowledge on what you are trying to do will chime in soon.

You have the right contact info... I guess keep trying:

USCIS@BJ

Contacting Us

Hours of Operation:

The office is open to the public by appointment only and is closed on Chinese and American holidays.

Phone: (010) 8529-6740 (from within China) or 011 (8610) 8529-6740 (from the United States)

Fax: (010) 8529-6779 (from within China) or

011 (8610) 8529-6779 (from the United States)

For email inquires, please write to dhsbeijing-cis@dhs.gov. For following to join I-730 inquiries, please write to: Beijing.I-730@dhs.gov

Email: DHSBeijing-CIS@dhs.gov

I've always had lunch after lunch time, between 2:30pm -4:30pm local time. Whenever I tried calling during the morning, i never got anyone. I've gotten a hold of an actual person about 4 or 5 times total. I'm not even going to tell you how many times I've tried.

By "so soon", do you mean that they said you have to make an appointment for a later date? I thought I read somewhere that you just have to call them a week before. Anyway, your problem might be that they're moving or something. All I can come up with from their site is that they were closed on October 13th, and they're going to be closed on the 16th and 17th for moving to a new office. Maybe you can just spend a whole day constantly calling their number.

By the way, I called them earlier today, and I was wondering if they purposely chose a worker with the most bored and unenthusiastic sounding voice possible to record the automated messages.

Hi, you know how things happen on short notice in China? I think they have the mentality of "what's the rush, it'll happen when it happens." This mentality kills me cause I'm a worrier and I like things planned out a couple weeks in advance - especially something so important. It's frustrating, but thank you for letting me know they'll be closed Oct 16/17.

Yes, I do think they purposely put on someone who is so unenthusiastic to dissuade you or possibly lowering your expectations so you won't seem so surprised when you do get a live person. Hee, hee. Okay, you can tell I'm frustrated. The one time I did catch someone on the phone, she did sound like she lacked the energy to talk also. Ah, I'm trying to maintain my calm demeanor, but inside I'm kind of screaming my head off. Thanks again and please let me know if you have any luck.

By "so soon", do you mean that they said you have to make an appointment for a later date? I thought I read somewhere that you just have to call them a week before. Anyway, your problem might be that they're moving or something. All I can come up with from their site is that they were closed on October 13th, and they're going to be closed on the 16th and 17th for moving to a new office. Maybe you can just spend a whole day constantly calling their number.

By the way, I called them earlier today, and I was wondering if they purposely chose a worker with the most bored and unenthusiastic sounding voice possible to record the automated messages.

Sometime with Guangzhou you get better response with sending a fax. Why don't you try that.

I'm trying to make an appointment to file my I-130 in Beijing though. Are you suggesting I should try and fax guangzhou to make an appt. with them for Beijing? not clear on what you mean, but thanks for the suggestion.

Sometime with Guangzhou you get better response with sending a fax. Why don't you try that.

I'm trying to make an appointment to file my I-130 in Beijing though. Are you suggesting I should try and fax guangzhou to make an appt. with them for Beijing? not clear on what you mean, but thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, I was thinking of faxing them so that you could get a good number to call, or to ask for an appointment.

• 1 month later...

[i am trying to make an appointment to file my I-130 in Beijing though. Are you suggesting I should try and fax guangzhou to make an appt. with them for Beijing? not clear on what you mean, but thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, I was thinking of faxing them so that you could get a good number to call, or to ask for an appointment.

It seams that Beijing DHS office is now back open as I have contacted them via email and received an answer the same day. I have a question now. In early November I wanted to DCF but since I could not get in contact with Beijing I filed for K-3 visa through my lawyer in USA. The time frame currently is 11 months. I will leave China in August 2009. Can I abandon my USA K-3 Visa filing and DCF in Beijing this month? The timing in Beijing would allow us most likely to get her CR-1 visa before I have to leave. Can I file in Beijing before I abandon the filing in USA or will this cause problems?

Thanks,

Alan

It seams that Beijing DHS office is now back open as I have contacted them via email and received an answer the same day. I have a question now. In early November I wanted to DCF but since I could not get in contact with Beijing I filed for K-3 visa through my lawyer in USA. The time frame currently is 11 months. I will leave China in August 2009. Can I abandon my USA K-3 Visa filing and DCF in Beijing this month? The timing in Beijing would allow us most likely to get her CR-1 visa before I have to leave. Can I file in Beijing before I abandon the filing in USA or will this cause problems?

Thanks,

Alan

your post is a bit confusing...

All you need to clarify is: Where did you file the I-130.. it's not in your timeline WHERE it was filed; US or consulate in China.

If US, then that means you would have to stop that filing and then file DCF; If you already filed in China for I-130, you can just pursue it.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Thanks,

Alan

All you need to clarify is: Where did you file the I-130.. it's not in your timeline WHERE it was filed; US or consulate in China.

If US, then that means you would have to stop that filing and then file DCF; If you already filed in China for I-130, you can just pursue it.

Sorry .. I filed for K-3 Visa in US at the VSC.

Thanks,

Alan

Sorry .. I filed for K-3 Visa in US at the VSC.

I know that... you already posted that.

I asked where did you file the I-130.... I assume the US... but want to clarify that filing since that is the 'required' filing; The K-3 (really the I-129F) is an optional filing.