How do I talk to flesh and blood in GZ???

My fiancee called tonight. Rather than receive P4, she was asked for more info about her son. We already provided it. I want to call GZ and demand an interview date. Our unborn baby is getting bigger by the day. This request will cost us another month, I'm sure.

What's the number I can call and what numbers can I dial to bypass the switchboard? I'm angry. I want to insist on the expedited service offered on the website.

Much thanks....please reply post haste.

Xie xie.

Dave

Well, that was a productive two hours. Not. What a mess. Best I could do was be put on hold three out of the bazillion times I called only to be kicked out of the phone cue all three times. Don't think I'll be trying to call them again. Guess I'll just have to eat the extra time this will cost us. Damn......... :lol: :angry: :angry:

I do not know which number you called for the Guangzhou Consulate, but if you haven't tried 011-86-20-8121-2000 do. When you get the machine voice hit "0" and you will get the receptionist.

Sorry, King. I deleted the name until I can find it on GZ's public site or the DOS site. The number above is publicly listed. I will PM Dave with the info you provided.

Guest hakkamike

This info is over a year old that I posted for one of the other groups so I do not know if it will still work but here it is anyway if someone wants to try it??

The phone number to the Consulate is : 011 86 20 839 92000

The recording will ask for English, press 1, choose immigrant

visa's next which is 2, next one is police report's, medical

report's and the affidavit of support 8, next choose police report's

1, then it will tell you that if you are calling between 2 and 4 GZ

time press 0 for a operator. I have found that it is best to call

around 2:30 GZ time, I don't think they get in a big hurry to enable

the let me speak to a live person feature. One more tip, when you

choose a subject or go to the next menu by pressing a number and it

goes to the next menu you can just press the number I have told you

to save time so you don't have to listen to each recorded message in

its full length waiting for the right topic to come up. I hope that

this helps.

Michael & Lusheng

The worst thing you can do is to make demands of the IV unit. They do not take too kindly to it, afterall, they don't have to answer to anybody.

hakkamike is on the right track but I prefer calling between the 0900-1000 hr. Beijing Time. When you do get someone, talk in a polite and tactful manner. You will get more answers to your questions that way.

%%-good luck

Well, well, well..........

I called 011-86-20-8121-2000 last night at 6:30 PST (9:30 Beijing time for those who don't want to do the math). :rolleyes: I hit zero as was suggested and got right through to a US staff member. He was very nice and receptive. We talked about 15 minutes and he verified everything I told him on his computer.

But, that was about it. Just verified. I couldn't get him to budge on doing anything "extra" for us. My first request was to send the P4 packet knowing that the additional information they requested had been mailed (it was our fault after all...JM forgot to fill out DS 230 for her son). He said they needed a complete response to P3 before they would send P4. Then, I asked if they could specifically look for the letter when it arrives. He said that was impossible. I tried to play the sympathy card with the baby. He appreciated that the situation makes things more important for us but still couldn't do anything about it. Oh well...I tried.

One thing he said got me going a bit. Hope I didn't piss him off. He said the best way to communicate with GZ is -- now make sure you're firmly seated in your chair -- through emails. I told him just how bad emails are with GZ and how slow they've become. I said responses, when they finally do respond, are either overly general or do not address all issues posed to them. He said that might be so, but at least there's a record of the request/question. When he said that, I knew to shut up. How is a record going to help? Again, it was clear he wasn't going to budge. He wasn't being lazy....just doing his job.

Thanks for all the great info. Appreciate more than you can know. So, I guess Halloween is out for us. Bummer. Guess it'll be Thanksgiving instead.

Donasho is right.

They actually keep a tally of the number of times you contact the Consulate to inquire about your case in their database, whether it's email/phone/fax.

Phone is still the most effective, because the clerk will actually pull up your case from their database on the computer.

Emails are prone to "yada-yada" macros they paste.