my wife is pushing for a baby

While my hubby was in China last year (he is here now), we were so worried that I might accidentally get a baby during my visits to see him. Ever since after getting our P4, we have been trying to have a baby, yet nothing for us yet. We begin to think if it was becasue we over prevented this from happening at the beginning...

hi,

my wife is pushing me to have baby with her because her friends are having babies right now. she wants to experience the feeling of being a mother. i say its all good and positive thinking on our relationship. my part is we should wait. my point is the paper work for our baby in china. my wife's paper work is in the NVC stage now and i really dont want to start another paper trail for our baby. i rather wait until she is here with me since i want to be part of the child birth too and not 8500 miles away. any comments? ;)

Wait, Wait and Wait some more!

Babies are not like cell phones where you go out and get one just because all your friends are getting the newest and cutest one.

Babies are human beings who need to be born into a strong, stable and solid relationship between two adults who¡¯s relationship will last forever because they fully know and understand each other. There should be NO consideration whatsoever given to the cost of a plane ticket or VISA requirements when talking about conceiving another human life.

This board over the years is littered with men who have kids spread across 2, 3 and 4 marriages. Then you read about these same men complaining about why their in-laws in the US are not taking care of their grandkids like they do in China.

Before you decide, read EVERY story in the ¡®Problems & Partings¡± section. Then look at those members who are divorcing or splitting up, and read their prior postings months ago. Time and time again you will read ¡°I am 100% sure this is forever¡± or ¡°Without a doubt I trust her 100%¡± or ¡°I know her better then I know myself¡±.

You do not really know your girlfriend at all yet, so do not take a gamble with another human being¡¯s life.

Wait ! If she does not want to wait with you or have the maturity to understand this, run! !

Guest WenDylan

Why the hurry to have a baby? I have not heard one good reason to have it now, but many reasons to wait.

Here's one more reason to wait. What if your fiancee is denied a Visa? Are you ready to live in China for the rest of your life?

Better safe than sorry. Prepare for the unexpected and wait for goodness sake. :blink:

Babies travel as in-laps, No extra cost. I believe that she can not travel when she is with in 6 weeks from due date, but can't remember for sure.

I already know that once we are married that we are having a baby. I didn't know that I had a choice :P

You always have a choice......

Now weather you make the right one or not is debatable at times....... :lol:

Ha Ha Ha..no debate, I don't want a mop slap. :P

But seriously, we have know each other for over 6 months, live together for 5 months and wouldn't be married for at least another 6 months. Most of that time will be spent together. It's best to wait as others hae pointed out.