Playful Laughter...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

It's nighttime in Nanjing right now. The windows are open and it's a perfect Fall night. It's 73 degrees F outside, and you can hear the sound of children playing outside. Some of them make it into the halls having great fun. For now, it's a soothing background noise, that is not too loud, thankfully. There is no way to tell from what you can hear, that they are speaking Chinese; it could be anywhere. They are just having great fun chasing one another, and playing games. For me, it's these ;peaceful sounds that help ease my mind from the thoughts and tribulations facing the world today.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this; I guess I'm just sharing a general sense of peace. It just seems that despite that troubles in the world, that everything will be just fine.

:)

That part I enjoyed. Also in one of the little towns I was in the children and adults were all out doing something at night, even if freezing outside. Teenagers in a building playing music. Older folks in a room singing old songs together, children running around on the street playing games and chasing each other as you describe. People eating out in little outside tent resturaunts. 2 girls riding bicycles and they talk to each other with such deep friendship that I could FEEL IT, then part ways at the Y in the road. A woman talking to her husband and it sounds like a song, she has such deep respect. There was no fear and no threat of any violence or crime anywhere to be found. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO PEACFUL!!!

Thus, I fell in love with the Chinese.

My wife brought this to my attention also. She said "where are all the people?" I had to probe a little deeper, because she knows there are not as many people packed, if you will, in US cities like perhaps many in China.

She said, "after dinner, people walk and talk... people are outside more and children play with each other." She explained, ¡°apartments empty out and people get together." There is closeness (like gatherings might be considered here) that she misses. It was normal and comforting to her at the same time.

I have felt/seen/heard this too, in the larger cities there. More like a hubbub, drone, or a buzz that is sort of soothing, but more social in nature?

My wife brought this to my attention also. She said "where are all the people?" I had to probe a little deeper, because she knows there are not as many people packed, if you will, in US cities like perhaps many in China.

She said, "after dinner, people walk and talk... people are outside more and children play with each other." She explained, ¡°apartments empty out and people get together." There is closeness (like gatherings might be considered here) that she misses. It was normal and comforting to her at the same time.

I have felt/seen/heard this too, in the larger cities there. More like a hubbub, drone, or a buzz that is sort of soothing, but more social in nature?

One day I may go there to live if it still like this. I got depressed for 6 weeks on my return to the USA after my first to trips, which were all business before I met HER. I feel that closeness fits ME.

So who knows. Single or married I may do it. can't see that far away yet.

Guest ShaQuaNew

This is a soothing post :huh:

Lulu is from Nanjing and she wants me to ask you where in Nanjing are you at?

Thank you. Yes, we do love it here. Nanjing really grows on you. It's got a very small town feel about it.

We are living in the Yuhuatai district. Near Yulan Lu, and Ningnan DaDao. It's a rapidly growing area in the southern part of Nanjing not too far from the Olympic stadium. What part of town did your wife live?

:P

Guest ShaQuaNew

This is a soothing post B)

Lulu is from Nanjing and she wants me to ask you where in Nanjing are you at?

Thank you. Yes, we do love it here. Nanjing really grows on you. It's got a very small town feel about it.

We are living in the Yuhuatai district. Near Yulan Lu, and Ningnan DaDao. It's a rapidly growing area in the southern part of Nanjing not too far from the Olympic stadium. What part of town did your wife live?

:worthy:

Lulu lived near Qin-huai District near Air Force Institute of Meteorology (¿ÕÜŠšâÏóŒWÔº). She said she's very familiar with your place :worthy:. Maybe we can meet up next time in Nanjing when we go back. Enjoy the beautiful city.

Cool, very nice area; and absolutely, whenever you guys plan to come to the area, let us know. It would be nice to meet up.

:worthy: