passport name,is different than on petition

well we are amrried and she signed her U.S name on the DS230. I am just not sure what to put for family name on line 1 and 26. the I-130 the lawyer submitted says on the approved I130 her american name. What a mess and I am nott sire waht to do wit the DS 230 form

how will Guz do name check on her ? does her houkou reflect married name (usa name)?

The name check will be done on both her married name and Chinese name as it is listed as well.

What remains to be seen is how GZ will address the interview letter.

needs to be same as passport to get in consulate

Hey,my wife just emailed me,her interview letter has her chinese family name on it,this is the name that is on her passport,will she be ok?should i still email Guz?

jimi

Hey,my wife just emailed me,her interview letter has her chinese family name on it,this is the name that is on her passport,will she be ok?should i still email Guz?

jimi

yes :blink:

So this still does not answer my question about which family name I put on the DS230. The only thing I can tell by reading this is that it is fine to leave her american family (last name) on the DS230.

Because, when they review the document they will check both names anyway and send her the interview letter in her Chinese name.

So this still does not answer my question about which family name I put on the DS230. The only thing I can tell by reading this is that it is fine to leave her american family (last name) on the DS230.

Because, when they review the document they will check both names anyway and send her the interview letter in her Chinese name.

don't assume,the interview letter will be in her chinese name,I lucked out i think,because my wife's letter is in her chinese name.which is what is on her passport. and that was the issue that concerned my wife and i. If our petition is in my family name,and her passport is in her chinese name.I worried,there would be a problem.i believe on the g325 document,(the one that you need 4 copies),the ones she filled out she used her chinese name,perhaps GUZ realized my mistake.....

jimi

I will have to look at that when I get home on the 325A. But if she gets the letter in her english last name. I will have her take the marriage certificate with her and get her passport fixed. If not I will call the embassy to see what is done. I believe it will be OK the way it is. :lol: <_<