I think you might have missed the question Randy. He is still waiting for approval, so no P-2 has been issued yet, as I understand his question.

Nope - he got the email notice that it was approved - now he needs the hardcopy NOA2.

If he didn't get the NOA1 either, it may be that they have the wrong address.

I think if it was approved in May it should have reached and left NVC along time ago.

I think a call to USCIS is in order , the service center involved and NVC.

It may have - if they don't have his correct address, he wouldn't know (until he calls, like you suggest). But the P3 should show up (but isn't THAT late, too?).

Guest Rob & Jin

I think if it was approved in May it should have reached and left NVC along time ago.

I think a call to USCIS is in order , the service center involved and NVC.

It may have - if they don't have his correct address, he wouldn't know (until he calls, like you suggest). But the P3 should show up (but isn't THAT late, too?).

Has he moved ? I dont see that

I received an email confirmation of my K1 approval on May 28 but have not yet received a mailed copy of the NOA2. Should I contact Vermont or wait?

May?? The petition should have passed through NVC long ago, I would contact NVC for GUZ case number, and then contact DOS Visa services about Consulate status.

NVC and DOS Visa SVC: http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

Also as Randy said you need to attach a copy of the NOA2 letter to AOS application, so if you don't have one you need to order a replacement by filing I-824.

Did you move between NOA1 and NOA2? This may explain how NOA2 got lost.

Guest Mike and Lily

I received an email confirmation of my K1 approval on May 28 but have not yet received a mailed copy of the NOA2. Should I contact Vermont or wait?

May?? The petition should have passed through NVC long ago, I would contact NVC for GUZ case number, and then contact DOS Visa services about Consulate status.

NVC and DOS Visa SVC: http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

Also as Randy said you need to attach a copy of the NOA2 letter to AOS application, so if you don't have one you need to order a replacement by filing I-824.

Did you move between NOA1 and NOA2? This may explain how NOA2 got lost.

Mine was sent back to the USCIS because I had moved. (The USPS won't forward it) I filled out the I-824 It cost me $200 (probably more now) and it took 4 months to get the replacement. It was a real bitch!

Guest WenDylan

It was a real bitch!

must have been a real bitch to drive this here...

http://kuu.hopto.org/pics/must%20have%20been%20a%20real%20bitch%20to%20drive%20it%20there%20(cc%20for%20map%20link).jpg

My Mistake! My petition was approved on Sept 28. I think I was half asleep when I posted. So its been 2 weeks after the email said my NOA2 was mailed out.

Well, okay! Just be patient. But if it doesn't show up, then all you can do is to file the I-824 for a duplicate (or try an InfoPass appointment to see if they'll re-mail it).

Watch your mailbox for now.

However, your case will carry on with or without the NOA2. Next thing that happens is the NVC approval notice, then the P3 to your SO (hopefully, by the end of the year)