In a word "PINK"

Congrats on that! I'd also like some details as I must tackle the CCP issue.

I have a question for anyone who might be able to answer. My fiancee last paid her CCP dues in May of this year. She has no plans to ever pay again, but she was told that the May payment covered her dues for the rest of this year. Our interview will most likely be in December, 7 months after May. Do you think she can answer "no" if asked whether she is a member or not? Many thanks!

Hey nabeshin,

I would think that the VO would still consider your fiancee a member if her dues are paid through the end of the year even though she made the payment last May. You can find a copy of the Chinese law regarding membership from my past thread on CCP membership here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31912

I know you're aware of it, I put the link for other's who may be interested but not aware.

You'll find a Chinese version and an English version of the Chinese law which states that a person is automatically no longer a member after six months of non-dues payment. My sweet Haiqing made her last payment in December 2007 for that month and no other payments after that so by the end of June 2008 she was legally, by Chinese law, no longer a CCP member and could honestly answer "no" to the question "are you a CCP member?".

I don't know if you caught it but I did reply to your question about CCP in my thread about our interview results. I also included a copy of the cover letter I wrote showing all the evidence we had prepared for the interview proving non-membership. You can find it here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33010

Find whatever evidence you can to prove to the VO that she is not a member if the questions comes up at her interview and she wants to answer "no". 100% honesty is the key ingredient here because you'll have to address the CCP issue later once she's in the U.S. with you during her AOS and if they suspect that she lied to get her visa they could deport her even though you're married and even if she has received her green card.

If you're in doubt about how to answer perhaps it would be best to play it safe, accept the blue slip and the slight delay and sleep at night knowing you did things honestly.

Then again, the question may never come up ... it does happen :huh:

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob

Congrats on that! I'd also like some details as I must tackle the CCP issue.

I have a question for anyone who might be able to answer. My fiancee last paid her CCP dues in May of this year. She has no plans to ever pay again, but she was told that the May payment covered her dues for the rest of this year. Our interview will most likely be in December, 7 months after May. Do you think she can answer "no" if asked whether she is a member or not? Many thanks!

Hey nabeshin,

I would think that the VO would still consider your fiancee a member if her dues are paid through the end of the year even though she made the payment last May. You can find a copy of the Chinese law regarding membership from my past thread on CCP membership here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31912

I know you're aware of it, I put the link for other's who may be interested but not aware.

You'll find a Chinese version and an English version of the Chinese law which states that a person is automatically no longer a member after six months of non-dues payment. My sweet Haiqing made her last payment in December 2007 for that month and no other payments after that so by the end of June 2008 she was legally, by Chinese law, no longer a CCP member and could honestly answer "no" to the question "are you a CCP member?".

I don't know if you caught it but I did reply to your question about CCP in my thread about our interview results. I also included a copy of the cover letter I wrote showing all the evidence we had prepared for the interview proving non-membership. You can find it here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33010

Find whatever evidence you can to prove to the VO that she is not a member if the questions comes up at her interview and she wants to answer "no". 100% honesty is the key ingredient here because you'll have to address the CCP issue later once she's in the U.S. with you during her AOS and if they suspect that she lied to get her visa they could deport her even though you're married and even if she has received her green card.

If you're in doubt about how to answer perhaps it would be best to play it safe, accept the blue slip and the slight delay and sleep at night knowing you did things honestly.

Then again, the question may never come up ... it does happen :D

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob

Thanks for all the info! It's really helped. I'm hoping we'll get past this hurdle with no problems.

Interview time 6th 10, 2008

I am sorry for not following up with this sooner but my new life sort of took over..

First of all, I should mention that we did stay at Mr. Yangs at apt. # 1004. There are positives and negatives to this place. It is definitely a nice location for the interview but it could also use some repair and the air wasn¡¯t so great. If anyone is used to staying in basic Chinese hotels or hostels then you probably know what I mean. Overall, I would recommend it for the location and price but only if you don¡¯t stay too long. I think the air quality has a lot to do with GUZ and the hot/humid weather. I was in several small shops that seemed almost new but they had the same problem.

Now about interview day¡­

We arrived at the Consulate around 7:15 and decided to stay in line. There were about 40 people in line and we were at the end of it. Thanks to the information on CFL, I knew it did not change our time of the interview and I was not worried about it. Around 7:45, security started to check everyone¡¯s appointment letter and let people in. I walked my SO into the building and we went up the escalator to the 4th floor where we said goodbye. My SO again was checked by security and went to the 5th floor.

As far as I know, there was only 1 other foreigner there in my situation and ¡°Paul¡± invited me for coffee at the local Starbucks when walking out of the consulate. The caf¨¦ on 4th floor didn¡¯t seem to have much to offer so I decided to walk over and say hello. I think this turned out great for both of us as we managed to have a pretty good discussion for the next few hours while waiting for our SO¡¯s. It really helped to have another person in my situation to help pass the time and relax the nerves a bit. BTW, Paul¡¯s SO managed to end up with a PINK after about a 1 hour and 10 minute interview! Congratulations to both of you and thanks so much for the good company!

Around 12 noon I was wondering if my SO had finished and was a bit worried that she was not going to find me. She knew about the Starbucks but I thought I should go to the apt. just in case. Due to the CCP issue, I was mentally prepared for the blue slip and was ready for the waiver process.

I think I waited about 15 minutes when my SO knocked on the door. I let her in and she had a solemn face. It didn¡¯t look good so I let her in and asked her how it went. She said ¡°blue¡± and so I gave her a big hug and said ¡°That¡¯s ok we can work through this, what did they ask for at the interview?¡± My SO then started to rummage through all her paperwork and we sat down on the couch. The next paper that she pulled out had a bright ¡°PINK¡± color to it! I was in a bit of shock and said ¡°what? Is this a PINK?¡± She then had a HUGE SMILE on her face and said ¡°yeah, of course..¡± Like it was expected or something! Oh! She really had me good! We then hugged a lot did a lot of silly happy things. ¡°I can¡¯t believe it¡± I said. ¡°How did it go?¡± My SO then told me the details. Here is the translation of what my SO wrote:

First, there are Chinese staff who will open the physical exam package, and let you sign three papers.

They then ask a few questions

¡± have you ever been to hongkong or macau?¡±

¡° have you ever been abroad?¡±

¡° have you ever been to American?¡±

¡°Is there anybody ever apply the visa to American for you?¡±

(I was so nervious because I was a party member, so I decided to answer ¡°no¡± if they ask ¡°are you a party member?¡±)

However, his last question was:

¡°Have you even been a party member?¡±

To be honest, I answered ¡°YES¡± but then I quickly said ¡°that was long time ago, and I already quitted 2 years ago.¡±

The Chinese man hesitate and he asked:

¡± how long ago?¡±

¡° do you have any paper from the CCP can proof that you already quit?¡±

¡° No, I quit the CCP automatically. I stopped paying the fee after I left the college which is a long time ago now.¡±

Then he wrote something on the file and gave me a number, I went back to wait.

I think for a former party member, the most important part is with the Chinese staff. If you passed here, the next VO will probably not ask you about that again.

Here is the interview with the next VO:

Me: good morning!!

VO: hello!! Passport pls!!

Me: here is my passport, and here is my fianc¨¦¡¯s, do you need it?

Vo: sure£¬thank you.

Vo: how did you meet ¡°name¡±?

Me: we met in beijing , *******(explain how we met each other)

Vo: how did he propose to you ?

Me :(I was surprised about this question, but then answered it quickly)

Vo£ºcongratulations!! He is so nice! Can I have the tax paper pls?

Me: here is 2004 to 2007, and the W-2 is on top of each folder.

Vo: thank you.

Vo: how many times has he been to China?

Me : **

Vo: oh , really? What did he come to china for?

Me: the first time is for traveling, the rest is for me.

Vo: oh really? That is good!! (Kept on typing on the computer)

Me: yeah, I think it is good too, I am happy about that, he is so good to me.

Vo: do you have pics?

Me: sure. (hand in the big folder of the pictures)

Vo£ºcan you give me the I-134 pls?

Me: ok, thank you. (then she brows the pics really fast and then take out a pink paper)

VO:¡°congratulations !!You are approved! Now you can go to the post office counter, and you can set a time there to pick up the visa. ¡°

Me : THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!HAVE A NICE DAY!!

Vo£ºyou too!! Here is your pics and **¡¯s passport!!

Me: thank you so much!!

Then she put all the folders back the the backpack and say thank you again to the VO, go to the poster office counter to fill out the mail list.

After the interview it took about 3 days to receive the Visa from the post office. We managed to depart 2 days after that on the next available flight.

The one other thing I should mention is during the POE¡­. This agent was pretty good and seemed nice. We were moving right along but an ¡°a¡± number was missing in the sealed envelope. The agent tried to look around for it but mentioned ¡°the consulate may have made a mistake¡±. I quickly thought of all the extra copies of documents that I had brought with me. Finding a copy of the original P1 that was sent back, we were able to find the ¡°a¡± number that was missing. Thankfully, the agent was able to write in the ¡°a¡± number.

Finally, the great ¡°Welcome to America¡± sentence that we waited for!!

hey hello123,

Great to see the details of your fiancee's interview :D.

I think you make a good point that getting past the Chinese VO with the CCP issue may just be a determining factor in whether the US VO asks the question or not ;) , so cool that it didn't trip you guys up either :P

Have a terrific time together in the USA!

Bob