Children at Interview

Wow thanks for all the information Bob

Were do I go to get the 95 question so that I can send them to my wife to start working on now? I am still at the NVC center and have only been there for a few days. However I want to prepare for next steps. I am going over there December 18 and will stay until 1/4. Then I will return to be with her during the interview process. When I go to the interview with her it will be my fourth trip there.

Thanks again

If you have any other advise like how soon to arrive for the interview, were to stay or how much are hotels I sure would like to know. Did you stay and wait on your visa?

Hey Phil,

Steve has you covered for the 95 questions. You still in China Steve? Haven't heard from you since we meet at ACH a few weeks ago.

Where in China are you headed Phil? I had to make an unexpected trip back to Chicago last week but I'll be heading back to Shenzhen by the end of the month. If you're close to Shenzhen perhaps we can get together for lunch.

How soon you go before her interview depends upon whether she has to travel far or if she is close to Guangzhou. If she has to travel far she will probably have her medical exam done shortly before the interview, if you get there early in the morning and pay an extra fee (I think it's 100RMB) you can have the medical results back the same day, if you don't it will take several days to get it. Your step son also needs to have a medical exam. After the interview you can wait to pick up the visas at the post office in Guangzhou, usually 2-3 business days but can take longer.

Since we are in Shenzhen my sweet Haiqing went up to GUZ for her medical exam two weeks before the interview, I got there the week before the interview and we went to GUZ early the day before the interview (a Tuesday) so I could go to the ACH on Monday. After the interview we went back to Shenzhen and took the train back a few days later to get the visas as it's only about an hour away.

We only stayed one night in GUZ at the Star Hotel, you can see it when you exit the train station (provided you exit where we did) and it's only a few minutes walk down the street. The hotel was comfortable, typically hard Chinese beds, the air conditioning worked fine which is important this time of year because it's so hot there and good restaurants inside the hotel if you don't feel like exploring the town. Price for the night 235RMB (about $35.00) It's a good idea to let your Chinese fianc¨¦e/wife make the room reservations as many hotels charge a different rate for Chinese citizens and rich foreigners! :ph34r:

The hotel is across the park from the U.S. Consulate, you can simply walk across the street and there's a long line of stores/restaurants just to the left. If you walk along the store fronts you'll be in the shade, cross through the park and you're in the sun. The stores end at a street which runs parallel to the street the hotel is on, cross the street, go right a short block past the stop light and the U.S. Consulate is on the left ... piece of cake! :)

Enjoy your trip!

Bob

Were do I go to get the 95 question so that I can send them to my wife to start working on now? I am still at the NVC center and have only been there for a few days. However I want to prepare for next steps. I am going over there December 18 and will stay until 1/4. Then I will return to be with her during the interview process. When I go to the interview with her it will be my fourth trip there.

Thanks again

If you have any other advise like how soon to arrive for the interview, were to stay or how much are hotels I sure would like to know. Did you stay and wait on your visa?

The 95 questions and so much more are in the Candle for Love FAQ:

CFL FAQ

Click on Interview Questions FAQ.

Thanks again

The 95 questions and so much more are in the Candle for Love FAQ:

CFL FAQ

Click on Interview Questions FAQ.