Lawyer looking to find immigration clients

Recently I was laid off from an in-house counsel position in the financial services industry. Since I handled immigration matters, I have decided that I want to help people with reduced fees who require legal assistance to complete forms and with hearings. My question is for those of you who hired attorneys. Where did you find your attorney? Did you use the yellow pages, a Chinese newspaper, etc. I am in Florida and looking for ideas on places to advertise. What did you look for in the advertisement? And did the attorney meet your expectations? Thanks for any replies.

Guest Rob & Jin

Recently I was laid off from an in-house counsel position in the financial services industry. Since I handled immigration matters, I have decided that I want to help people with reduced fees who require legal assistance to complete forms and with hearings. My question is for those of you who hired attorneys. Where did you find your attorney? on-line

Did you use the yellow pages, a Chinese newspaper, etc Goggle.

I am in Florida and looking for ideas on places to advertise VJ.

What did you look for in the advertisement? A GOOD FULL SERVICE

And did the attorney meet your expectations? Sorry she was useless- I had to correct all the forms she prepared and she had no knowledge of GUZ at all Thanks for any replies.

Guest WenDylan

I found ours by Google as well and contacted by phone. I paid $20 for a list of what to retrieve so he could file our paperwork, along his fee. I found out later that his instructions were not correct, in terms of making sure everything is provided to establish what the gov't needs. In short, I lost $20, and we delayed our filing by over 1 month because Wendy and I had to send papers to each other, which the attorney had messed up on, and also include others things which I found on CFL. Not to say every experience is bad, but mine just made me really want to emphasize that it is my case, not someone's meal ticket. So I made sure I did everything right, and included everything, especially the things I learned I needed here on CFL, which the attorney didn't even include in his short list. I regret it alot. But I was dumb and I didn't know that I could do it myself, easily. We'll see how it goes.

Another place to advertise is Craigslist

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/fl

In out case we were DIY did everything ourselves from initial I-129F through I-485 adjustment.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)