Why did you decide to marry outside your culture?

I lost my first wife Judy, suddenly, and unexpectedly. We were married 34 years (we were together 38). We had a wonderful marriage, we did everything together, and now I was lonely.... As I have been away from the dating scene for quite some time, I turned to the internet. In fact, I used cherryblossoms.com. I thought Asian women were exceptionally beautiful, and they had a reputation of being good and loyal wives. They also will often choose older men, and I was 55 at the time. I was looking for a face that would make me say WOW, every time that I woke up in the morning. I found about 10 women that had beautiful faces, and profiles that intrigued me, so I began writing them. All were very nice ladies. I asked them to view my deceased wife¡¯s memorial site, so they could get an idea of what Judy and I shared in our previous marriage. http://judy-emery.memory-of.com/about.aspx?c=1 if any of you are interested.

Yumei, my new Chinese wife, felt a kindred spirit with Judy, and the family life shown on her site. Yumei was the woman who said to me, ¡°I am envious of that family life, and I think we should write to each other for awhile, and see where it goes¡±. So I stopped writing to 9 other beautiful Asian women, and only wrote to the one with a beautiful heart to match her beautiful face.

Some people never find a real love in their whole lives, I have been blessed two times!! Yumei¡¯s personality is nothing like Judy, but she shares Judy¡¯s character. Yumei is an intelligent, loving, honest, and wonderful woman. She is an incredible mother. Did I mention that her beautiful face makes me go WOW every morning, and her love for me, makes my soul go WOW every day.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, tell me. All you intellectuals and just plain folk like me. I want to know why you decided to go marry someone in a foreign country who can hardly speak a lick of English and you can't speak any of their's.

Why in the hell can't you just find a good mate here in the USA and why in the hell do you have to go around the world to do this????

I just don't get it!

Oh, and Randy is not allowed to respond. :)

It is all about the adventure that never ends :D

I lost my first wife Judy, suddenly, and unexpectedly. We were married 34 years (we were together 38). We had a wonderful marriage, we did everything together, and now I was lonely.... As I have been away from the dating scene for quite some time, I turned to the internet. In fact, I used cherryblossoms.com. I thought Asian women were exceptionally beautiful, and they had a reputation of being good and loyal wives. They also will often choose older men, and I was 55 at the time. I was looking for a face that would make me say WOW, every time that I woke up in the morning. I found about 10 women that had beautiful faces, and profiles that intrigued me, so I began writing them. All were very nice ladies. I asked them to view my deceased wife¡¯s memorial site, so they could get an idea of what Judy and I shared in our previous marriage. http://judy-emery.memory-of.com/about.aspx?c=1 if any of you are interested.

Yumei, my new Chinese wife, felt a kindred spirit with Judy, and the family life shown on her site. Yumei was the woman who said to me, ¡°I am envious of that family life, and I think we should write to each other for awhile, and see where it goes¡±. So I stopped writing to 9 other beautiful Asian women, and only wrote to the one with a beautiful heart to match her beautiful face.

Some people never find a real love in their whole lives, I have been blessed two times!! Yumei¡¯s personality is nothing like Judy, but she shares Judy¡¯s character. Yumei is an intelligent, loving, honest, and wonderful woman. She is an incredible mother. Did I mention that her beautiful face makes me go WOW every morning, and her love for me, makes my soul go WOW every day.....

you make me cry :o wish you happiness

I hope Yumei is as good for you if not better the your last wife, good luck and best wishes.

Yumei is one of the best gifts from the God besides her wonderful English. Best wishes for both of you!

Why did I decide to marry her?

Because she told me to.

What? That's not how it happened with you?

Guest WenDylan

Because she told me to.

:greenblob:

Brings back memories! :cheering:

My story is a combination of preference and default.

When I was about 10 or 12 years old, I went to a James Bond movie. His romantic interest was a beautiful Asian (Japanese, I think) woman. I remember thinking, wow!!!! I did not think about it any more for at least a couple of years. Then, in 9th grade, I met a filipino girl that I was smitten with. She was always nice to me, but friends only. I was too shy to pursue her. I don't think she was interested in me romantically, but I'll never know for sure. When I went to college, I studied comparative religions and sociology. I was exposed to Asian culture both in a social science context and in a religious context. I found myself drawn to many aspects of it. All through college, and after, I had very little success with American women. They simply were not interested in me. I was/am not a typical American male. I could not care less about sports, don't watch them. I am not a very aggressive person. I love music, like to read books, and to weatch movies. In the 1990s, I met two Chinese American women. At the time, both were married. I became friends with one of them and fell in love with the other. However, despite some difficulties which she told me about, she loved her husband. I had never wanted to break up her marriage. I just had mistakenly thought that she really was not happy and would eventually leave of her own accord. Anyway, after a while, she realized my mistake, and we went our separate ways. I stopped seeing her sister as well, because it was too awkward. In the 2000s, I decided to try to find someone on line. I started out with local listings, gradually widening my geographic area. I soon learned that if I was interested, they were not, if they were interested, I was not. Then, by chance, I met a Chinese woman from England. She said she liked me very much, but was already in a serious relationship. Eventually, I decided that my chances were much better with a Chinese woman because they seemed more receptive to me. I also thought I might as well pursue what attracts me most, Asian women. After a few false starts, I met my girl on line in 2005. The rest is history. In fact, it is history still in the making.

Guest WenDylan

Because she told me to.

:blink:

Brings back memories! :P

It was Dylan told me to marry, It was Dylan. You understand me?? It was Dylan. I am not lying B)

I should shut up before I receive mop slap! :(

I read through Judy's memorial site. It is so touching.

Yumei is one of the best gifts from the God besides her wonderful English. Best wishes for both of you!

Yumei "is" a gift from God, and I thank him every day for her. I also thank him for the 38 wonderful years that I had with Judy.

Thank You for wishing us the best! :(