Just starting

inline comments below..

Once again thank you for your replies and help. I have complete filled out forms now of i130, i129f and both of our g325's. My SO emailed the filled out forms only problem is her signature is not on the filled g325's since they were emailed to me. you can fix this easily. have her go to a copy shop in chengdu, print out the form, sign it, then scan in the 5 pages, email the 5 scanned pages

Also I do not have a white book for our marriage certificate yet. I have the red book but it is like everyone says in Chinese. I could go get copies of it maybe and get those translated from someone local then maybe notarize one of them. But it would be notarized here not in China. that is ok to do stateside, but i think is more official looking for the translation to come from official notary in chengdu. sure, its a bit of money, but suggest you wait

And also she said she is getting all the forms ready to mail them to me. Along with her birth certificate and non criminal record. Both being notarized of course. suggest you wait for this packet in the mail. Her friend is also sending in that packet a notorized note that she was witness and the interpreter at our wedding. Is there anything I can do to start the process or wait till I get everything to start it. Not sure how long it will be for her to get those notarized documents to me. rush service in chengdu is 2 days, regular service is 8 days, then there is the mailing time. I of course am being very impatient because I miss my wife and want her here with me.

thanks for your time

John

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Well all I am glad to be with so many knowledgable people here. I met my SO on August 24th in Chengdu. We got married the day after her birthday on September 4th. Now I start the process of getting her a visa. I am looking into different lawyers trying to find a good one that won't over price thier services. I have completed forms i130 and i129f and also my g325 waiting on her g325 and the english copy of our marriage certificate so I can file them. Any suggestions and advice I would appreciate.

have your wife join cfl and she can talk on chinese forum. we can help her alot. :)