Guangzhou interview jitters

I can't make it for the interview as can't be away from work this long now. She has to go back to Guizhou for two weeks and help with sisters wedding as soon as the interview is done, her sister has actually postponed her wedding to reduce stress for my fiancee's interview as her family is firmly behind us. I will arrive China to get her when she is done with the wedding as I have to help clean our condo out in Foshan and dispurse all our possessions that won't fit in suitcases.

She does have notarized copy of my passport though which she will hand over along with her own.

With the help of all your posts and comments , my "kitchen sink" is overly full .

Edited by joey (see edit history)

My fiancee has her interview soon and we both have the jitters after reading about visa denials.

Some basics about our relationship. I met her May 2006 while working in CHina as a Coworker's girlfriend brought her to Disco we were at one evening and the rest is history. I was married , but seperated at the time , like these days that really matters. I had an amicable divorce as me and the wife started as friends and saw no reason to drag our child through an ugly divorce and did a seperation agreement to make the divorce simple.

My fiancee has been living in my Foshan Condo since March 2007 and I have made about 9 trips since I have met her. We only began taking pictures of ourselves together ince October 2007 , 3 trips worth , as we had pnly decided to marry since that point and discovered the K1 and the requirements of such at that same time. We have 20 copies of long distance phone bills , 40 qq messages copies, emails and emails between her and my son( all emails are in english and chinese), 50 or 60 pictures including a trip to Hong Kong we took, including ones of my parents , son and siblings, receipts for gifts I have sent her , letters from my parents and hers , even a letter (notarized) from the exwife explaining that we have no plans for reconciliation with her address and phone number. i did hire an attorney to help with the paperwork and thus far no problems. She already has her notarized police , birth and marriage ability certificates in both languages.

I can not attend the interview , even though I would love to, as she must help with her sisters wedding after the interview and I can not take that long off work , but will be to get her within to weeks after here interview. I have however given her a notarized copy of my entire passport ( 36 pages)as I have been to CHina over 22 times over the past 5 years as a lighting designer and importer. She has been without employeement since July 2007 as I asked to quit to study english as she knew none, glad my Mandarin is adequate. she made so little money anyhow and her hours caused us hardship. I pay the bills for the home in Foshan and her living expense. I was divorced in March 2008 before the K1 application was submited. I should be covered , but it seems I read so many posts in regards to " bona fide reationship"? If we were in USA , we would already have a common law marraige due to the time we have already lived together.

does anyone see anything we are missing?

thanks so much , we want to see pink!!

My fiancee has her interview soon and we both have the jitters after reading about visa denials.

Some basics about our relationship. I met her May 2006 while working in CHina as a Coworker's girlfriend brought her to Disco we were at one evening and the rest is history. I was married , but seperated at the time , like these days that really matters. I had an amicable divorce as me and the wife started as friends and saw no reason to drag our child through an ugly divorce and did a seperation agreement to make the divorce simple.

My fiancee has been living in my Foshan Condo since March 2007 and I have made about 9 trips since I have met her. We only began taking pictures of ourselves together ince October 2007 , 3 trips worth , as we had pnly decided to marry since that point and discovered the K1 and the requirements of such at that same time. We have 20 copies of long distance phone bills , 40 qq messages copies, emails and emails between her and my son( all emails are in english and chinese), 50 or 60 pictures including a trip to Hong Kong we took, including ones of my parents , son and siblings, receipts for gifts I have sent her , letters from my parents and hers , even a letter (notarized) from the exwife explaining that we have no plans for reconciliation with her address and phone number. i did hire an attorney to help with the paperwork and thus far no problems. She already has her notarized police , birth and marriage ability certificates in both languages.

I can not attend the interview , even though I would love to, as she must help with her sisters wedding after the interview and I can not take that long off work , but will be to get her within to weeks after here interview. I have however given her a notarized copy of my entire passport ( 36 pages)as I have been to CHina over 22 times over the past 5 years as a lighting designer and importer. She has been without employeement since July 2007 as I asked to quit to study english as she knew none, glad my Mandarin is adequate. she made so little money anyhow and her hours caused us hardship. I pay the bills for the home in Foshan and her living expense. I was divorced in March 2008 before the K1 application was submited. I should be covered , but it seems I read so many posts in regards to " bona fide reationship"? If we were in USA , we would already have a common law marraige due to the time we have already lived together.

does anyone see anything we are missing?

thanks so much , we want to see pink!!

Sorry for the blank responses...

You did not mention if she has been married before. One of our gotcha's was that she not only had to prove her divorce, but also that she had not re-married since the divorce. This required another trip to her hometown.

You also don't mention children, but the other gotcha for us was needing photos of mother and child over time to verify relationship.

Relax - At this time they cannot really deny you, just make it take longer.

She has never been married before , no children either. So this part is easy for us. She has never been to USA , no family or friends in USA. She does have her notarized single certificate from her hometown showing she has never been married.

I believe we have an overall good case , but from all my extensive reading , does that really matter? Or maybe most of the denials I read about , the person making the statements is hiding something? I am a realist , open book type person. I have no reasoning to suspect anything but pink for Yan and myself and pray each evening for just that , but I must research hard each day to assure this.

She has never been married before , no children either. So this part is easy for us. She has never been to USA , no family or friends in USA. She does have her notarized single certificate from her hometown showing she has never been married.

I believe we have an overall good case , but from all my extensive reading , does that really matter? Or maybe most of the denials I read about , the person making the statements is hiding something? I am a realist , open book type person. I have no reasoning to suspect anything but pink for Yan and myself and pray each evening for just that , but I must research hard each day to assure this.

Joey;

We just interviewed yesterday - and it was Pink. Although, we had an alternate backup strategy and were certainly prepared to go down that road - we did go through the last 48 hour jitters. I don't think you can prevent it....just continue to review --- and please SPEND all of your TIME building confidence in your SO and letting her know that you love her - and regardless of the outcome -- you will continue to work together to solve the immigration issue! I think, at this stage, is the most productive thing you can do!! Best of Luck

You will be fine! Even if it's blue (as for us) it won't take much to fix it. Three weeks after a blue, we had a visa in hand. Of course, it helps if she lives in Guangzhou so the extra trip(s) aren't a hardship. I think the immigration lawyers feed on the panic feeling to get a fee from us. Like a fool, a gave $1800 to RHC Visa Services. Wasted money! They made errors, and were no help with the process.

seems familiar as I also paid an attorney. Our condo is in Foshan so only a quick 45 minute bus ride , guess we are lucky that way as we had the condo before we had ever decided to marry or even knew what a K1 was. I like the "kitchen sink" approach much better than what I have seen attornies provide.I will be spending several hours today on qq with my SO to give her comfort so be can be relaxed during her interview.Thanks for everyone's help and I'll think pink!

Edited by joey (see edit history)