K4 name change

Ex-husband will not allow wife to bring son to US without him 1st changing his name. I dont understand this at all. Is this a way to exact revenge or something. He has refused to sign the paperwork allowing my stepson to move here with his mother. But lately he has said if son changes his name from LiGuanliang to Yanjunqi he will allow it and sign the paperwork. He does not support son in any way financially. He has no job and has remarried, I understand this is his only child and he is male. I just dont understand his reasons of refusal.

How do i change sons name on all the paperwork, Is this going to be a problem. Does the I-130 supercede all of the other paperwork? Under the I-129f i have him listed as LiGuanLiang. I definitly want him here, He is only 10 and i am sure this will upset him dearly to be pried away from his mother.

HELP!!

Patrick

A friend of mine went through a similar battle with his fiance's ex. He refused to sign the papers and threatened to hurt the child if she tried to go. She went to court and had the judge take all parental control from him. Apparantly this is sufficient for GZ. No name change should be neccessary.

Carl