How Important is it to Notorized the Marriage Certificate

Hi There,

I have read a post or two about notarizing the marriage certificate. We got the red book which is our marriage certificate. The government actually gave us two. One for me and the other for my Chinese wife. I didn't read anything on the Guangzhou Website about the need to notarize the marriage certificate, but this could be important. So I would like some help from those who already been around this bend.

curtlives

That Red Book will need to be translated into English then this translation copy notarised. There's alot of advice and guesses here but check the instructions w/ the forms (I130) it's stated there concerning this.

Correct, this is done at the local Notary office in China.

Recommended to get a couple copies for future uses.

That Red Book will need to be translated into English then this translation copy notarised. There's alot of advice and guesses here but check the instructions w/ the forms (I130) it's stated there concerning this.

YES,VERY TRUE,I HAD MINE TRANSLATED IN CHINA,AND NOTARISED IN CHINA.

JIMI

Yes, they give what is called "the white book" with the notorized translated copy, and the white book is as it says "white"

Thanks for everyone feedback. When I go to Fuzhou, I will see whether or not they give me a White book and see if I have extra copies.

Curtlives