Form 1-130 Question

Hi There,

I am new to the list. I'm working on the 1-130 Form, and I come across a question that I am not sure how to answer. Its listed under D. Other Information #2 "Have you ever before filed a petition for this or any other alien?"

This is the first time applying for a CR-1 Immigration Visa, however I did apply for a tourist visa for my Chinese wife, but was rejected.

So what should I write down for my answer?

#2 Question. We live in Fujian, China. Would the Guangzhou Embassy accept our 1-130 Application in the mail or do I have to go in person. Its a lot of mafan to go in person.

Thanks for any assistance on this matter,

Curtlives

Hi There,

I am new to the list. I'm working on the 1-130 Form, and I come across a question that I am not sure how to answer. Its listed under D. Other Information #2 "Have you ever before filed a petition for this or any other alien?"

This is the first time applying for a CR-1 Immigration Visa, however I did apply for a tourist visa for my Chinese wife, but was rejected.

So what should I write down for my answer?

#2 Question. We live in Fujian, China. Would the Guangzhou Embassy accept our 1-130 Application in the mail or do I have to go in person. Its a lot of mafan to go in person.

Thanks for any assistance on this matter,

Curtlives

1. your answer is no because you didn't file a petition for her, she simply applied for a tourist visa...different animal.

2. i'm not sure about this one you should contact the uscis office in guangzhou by email or fax and ask them this.

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

Curt - you did not apply for a tourist visa for your wife.

SHE applied. MAYBE you were listed as a sponser, but SHE applied for it. Your signature isn't on that FORM at all.

As to 'how to file' a DCF - yikes - I don't remember if they accept mail in or not. I'm sorry.

Curt - you did not apply for a tourist visa for your wife.

SHE applied. MAYBE you were listed as a sponser, but SHE applied for it. Your signature isn't on that FORM at all.

As to 'how to file' a DCF - yikes - I don't remember if they accept mail in or not. I'm sorry.

Hi, I am living in Beijing and filed for the CR1 also. You must have lived in China for 6 months first to file this way, and you need to be able to prove that.

We applied for the first packet in Beijing, not Guz. After they approved our file, then later everything gets mailed to Guz. Don't know if you can mail it in.

Edited by RRTony (see edit history)

Hi, I am living in Beijing and filed for the CR1 also. You must have lived in China for 6 months first to file this way, and you need to be able to prove that.

We applied for the first packet in Beijing, not Guz. After they approved our file, then later everything gets mailed to Guz. Don't know if you can mail it in.

Hi There,

I have lived in China for almost 7 years. I will have records on my passport to prove this. Do I need more than this? I can have the Foreign Affairs Office at the university that I work for write a statement verifying that I have work here for the last two years +. :)

We are just in the process of the 1st step. So when you applied in Beijing did you also need to give the I-130 paperwork in person?

Hello David,

I have called this number many times. Each time it says that she isn't available right now. Then as I continue to listen I hear Chinese. I never hear any menu options unless it after the Chinese message.

Curtlives

DHS @ GUZ:

DHSGuangzhouGeneral@dhs.gov

020 8518-7651 ex: 7651

Hi There,

I have lived in China for almost 7 years. I will have records on my passport to prove this. Do I need more than this? I can have the Foreign Affairs Office at the university that I work for write a statement verifying that I have work here for the last two years +. :ph34r:

We are just in the process of the 1st step. So when you applied in Beijing did you also need to give the I-130 paperwork in person?

I hope you did not give up your US domicile while "Temporarily" living in China.

Proof of US domicile is a big catch 22 for DCF folks. CR-1 visa REQUIRES the US citizen Petitioner to sponsor the immigrant by providing an I-864, and I-864 REQUIRES US domicile.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=32256&hl=

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)