GIV-24 Form - in P4 Package

Just wanted to give all a head's up - relative to discussion(s) that have taken place about the GIV-24 Form included in the GUZ provided P4 package. Many had said they were still using the OLD form (Ver 5/07) but alas...they are using the new form (Version 02/08) that has the dreaded "Question 8". Another note P4 from pickup in GUZ to doorstep here - 26 hours via EMS!

Hopefully we will get some feedback to GIV-24 FORM questions from others that are attending ACH later this month.

Just wanted to give all a head's up - relative to discussion(s) that have taken place about the GIV-24 Form included in the GUZ provided P4 package. Many had said they were still using the OLD form (Ver 5/07) but alas...they are using the new form (Version 02/08) that has the dreaded "Question 8". Another note P4 from pickup in GUZ to doorstep here - 26 hours via EMS!

Hopefully we will get some feedback to GIV-24 FORM questions from others that are attending ACH later this month.

Thanks for the info. I'll be attending ACH on the 22nd and will be sure to ask about the GIV-24.

Question 8 burned up an hour of my time... I have 5 brothers and sisters to account for. :rolleyes:

BTW, there is no ACH this coming Monday... Chinese Autumn Festival.

Thanks for the info. I'll be attending ACH on the 22nd and will be sure to ask about the GIV-24.

Question 8 burned up an hour of my time... I have 5 brothers and sisters to account for. :angry:

BTW, there is no ACH this coming Monday... Chinese Autumn Festival.

Hey Steve,

I know how you feel, I'm the oldest of 8 and I used every line on the form plus one person underneath the last line :) My sweet fiancee Haiqing has memorized my entire family's names and birthdays in case the VO askes her at her interview.

I'll be attending ACH on the 22nd also, perhaps we'll have the opportunity to meet. Our interview is the 23rd and I'm leaving for China on the 16th so we can spend the week preparing for it.

When do you leave for China?

Have a terrific weekend,

Bob

Guest Rob & Jin

IMHO question 8 is NOT asking for names of previous spouses. It is only asking for children from previous relationships and spouses of the applicant's spouse or fiance. They are asking for blood/ legal relatives only. An ex is not blood/legal.

Agreed :rotfl:

IMHO question 8 is NOT asking for names of previous spouses. It is only asking for children from previous relationships and spouses of the applicant's spouse or fiance. They are asking for blood/ legal relatives only. An ex is not blood/legal.

Since I have to fill out form today or tomorrow (medical has to be done this week due to week long holiday in front of interview date) I will go with this interpretation -- which I like very much. Thanks, as I read it again with this view, it sort of makes since - minus the omission of "fiance" when they ask for children -- probably an oversight. Thanks.

Hawaii Mike

Since I have to fill out form today or tomorrow (medical has to be done this week due to week long holiday in front of interview date) I will go with this interpretation -- which I like very much. Thanks, as I read it again with this view, it sort of makes since - minus the omission of "fiance" when they ask for children -- probably an oversight. Thanks.

Hawaii Mike

You have to look at the sworn statement at the bottom to see what they are really asking for.

Good luck Mike!!

Hawaii Mike

You have to look at the sworn statement at the bottom to see what they are really asking for.

Good luck Mike!!

Hey chilton,

I just filled out this form last weekend and I interpreted it to include your ex as the question reads "Also include any children your spouse (and I think they meant to include "or fianc¨¦(e)" here as in the previous sentence, sort of implied) may have from a previous relationship and any previous spouses (as in ex) s/he may have had.".

I figure it would not be as much a problem to include your ex as it might be to omit your ex so I think it wise to ere on the side of caution. Just my opinion of course as there are some questions that are not properly worded or clear and some left me scratching my head! :lol:

Have a terrific weekend,

Bob

Hawaii Mike

Good luck Mike!!

Hey chilton,

I just filled out this form last weekend and I interpreted it to include your ex as the question reads "Also include any children your spouse (and I think they meant to include "or fianc¨¦(e)" here as in the previous sentence, sort of implied) may have from a previous relationship and any previous spouses (as in ex) s/he may have had.".

I figure it would not be as much a problem to include your ex as it might be to omit your ex so I think it wise to ere on the side of caution. Just my opinion of course as there are some questions that are not properly worded or clear and some left me scratching my head! :ph34r:

Have a terrific weekend,

Bob

I am sure other people include their exs as well so GZ is probably used to this by now. But at the bottom it only ask for relatives and close relatives. The exs are not relatives. The petitioner's ex spouse(s) are already listed on other forms.

UPDATE:

Since I was so close to having Medical Exam (another fun time) I sent GUZ an Email Saturday (China local time) requesting clarification on question 8. I had already taken the advice given here - (good advice) and listed all Children.

I knew that I wouldn't get an email response in time for the medical - beecause it was the weekend and Monday was a Chinese Holiday - and GUZ was closed. Tues AM, I'm pleasantly driving at 140 KMH up the ShenHai Expressway on my way to Fuzhou for the medical...my cell phone rings...it's GUZ !!! I CAN"T BELieVE THEY CALLED ME....!!!!

A very nice lady told me the GIV 24 form was absolutely perfect and couldn't possible be confused in any way. OK, she's not dealing with an old man, educated beyond his intelligence , and slightly gunshy from some of the reports here on CFL. I walked her through the form asking what she would put down. Soon SHE ADMITTED THE FORM WAS FLAWED!

The bottom line, was exactly as laid out by the members here on CFL in their advice to me.....GUZ WANTs BLOOD CHILDREN from ANY RELATIONSHIP for the PETITIONER, (Regardless if Petitioner is a Spouse or Fiance).

Thanks to the CFL'ers --good advice...Hawaii Mike

UPDATE:

Since I was so close to having Medical Exam (another fun time) I sent GUZ an Email Saturday (China local time) requesting clarification on question 8. I had already taken the advice given here - (good advice) and listed all Children.

I knew that I wouldn't get an email response in time for the medical - beecause it was the weekend and Monday was a Chinese Holiday - and GUZ was closed. Tues AM, I'm pleasantly driving at 140 KMH up the ShenHai Expressway on my way to Fuzhou for the medical...my cell phone rings...it's GUZ !!! I CAN"T BELieVE THEY CALLED ME....!!!!

A very nice lady told me the GIV 24 form was absolutely perfect and couldn't possible be confused in any way. OK, she's not dealing with an old man, educated beyond his intelligence , and slightly gunshy from some of the reports here on CFL. I walked her through the form asking what she would put down. Soon SHE ADMITTED THE FORM WAS FLAWED!

The bottom line, was exactly as laid out by the members here on CFL in their advice to me.....GUZ WANTs BLOOD CHILDREN from ANY RELATIONSHIP for the PETITIONER, (Regardless if Petitioner is a Spouse or Fiance).

Thanks to the CFL'ers --good advice...Hawaii Mike

Thanks Mike! That confirms what I thought. Now question 6 is just as confusing. It seems as it is asking the beneficiary to list all of their spouses exs as well. In this question they are looking for natural, adopted, and step children. The way I see it is that if her spouse's ex(s) did not have any children as a result of a marriage then the ex(s) do not need to be listed. I have 1 son from a previous marriage so my wife would have to list my son (her stepson) and my son's mother.

Also I think the main purpose of this form is to see how many family members of the petitioner and the beneficiary have ever traveled to the USA on a visa.

Lucky you getting a call from GZ! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hawaii Mike

I attended ACH last week and asked if ex-spouses should be included on question 8. The official I spoke with said "yes". His reasoning being that your ex-spouse is listed on the I-129F, so you want identical information shown on the GIV-24.

Hawaii Mike

I attended ACH last week and asked if ex-spouses should be included on question 8. The official I spoke with said "yes". His reasoning being that your ex-spouse is listed on the I-129F, so you want identical information shown on the GIV-24.

So it's official. One official says yes and another official says no. :P

Typical GZ! :D