about the I-134......

Hello all,

Being at the stage where we're at in this processs, we have discussed different things and one of them is the I-134.

My idea is to mail it to her and not to open it, but put it with the other items she wants to take to the interview. This way, if the VO asks for it, he can see that it is still sealed and with US postage, thereby adding a little more legitimacy to it. Just one of my little safety precautions, to take that extra step, in assuring a smooth interview the best I can think of.

My wife says just bring it with me.

It's not really a big deal to me whether I mail it or bring it with me and maybe I am being over-precautious but I just think that is a cool way of doing it( to mail it), and what I have read here, the VO hardly ever ask for it anyways.

So, precaution(me) vs. practicality(her)......lol.

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

Guest Al & Yi
Hello all,

Being at the stage where we're at in this processs, we have discussed different things and one of them is the I-134.

My idea is to mail it to her and not to open it, but put it with the other items she wants to take to the interview. This way, if the VO asks for it, he can see that it is still sealed and with US postage, thereby adding a little more legitimacy to it. Just one of my little safety precautions, to take that extra step, in  assuring a smooth interview the best I can think of.

My wife says just bring it with me.

It's not really a big deal to me whether I mail it or bring it with me and maybe I am being over-precautious but I just think that is a cool way of doing it( to mail it), and what I have read here, the VO hardly ever ask for it anyways.

So, precaution(me) vs. practicality(her)......lol.

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

You are already in love with each other for quite some time. I think being honest with her is better than keeping her in the dark.

Thanks guys,

It really has nothing to do about honesty or concealment from my wife. We both know all about our professions, being basically in the same field. It was only for the sole purpose of "effect", upon the VO, however insignificant it might be. Just my thinking and I happen to think of it this morning so I posted it here for any other thoughts. It's just a small thing; no big deal.

Thanks again and good luck

twyw_99, I have to agree with ttlee 99 about sending it. I sent mine and she never got it. I had to do everything all over again and this time I will bring it with me. The problem of having it sealed and handing it to a VO is that that person doesn't know you or your fiancee. If he sees it sealed he or she could draw a thought that you don't trust her. Bad idea, from my thinking. I can understand you thinking, but put yourself in the VO's mind. They are really looking for anything to not issue a visa. Good luck which ever way you go.

Hi,

It is still hot and humid in GZ.

While waiting for Summer to finish her afternoon Visa interview, I talked to many ladies fresh from their interviews. They all said that the consular officers asked many questions about the fiance's employment or source of income.

Good Luck with your preparations.

Tonight, we will try the GZ Night Zoo.

Hi,

It is still hot and humid in GZ.

While waiting for Summer to finish her afternoon Visa interview, I talked to many ladies fresh from their interviews.  They all said that the consular officers asked many questions about the fiance's employment or source of income.

Good Luck with your preparations.

Tonight, we will try the GZ Night Zoo.

AAhh, your timeline looks as sweet as mom's apple pie!...lol. Congratulations to you both and thanks for the info.

Guest Al & Yi
twyw_99, I have to agree with ttlee 99 about sending it. I sent mine and she never got it. I had to do everything all over again and this time I will bring it with me. The problem of having it sealed and handing it to a VO is that that person doesn't know you or your fiancee. If he sees it sealed he or she could draw a thought that you don't trust her. Bad idea, from my thinking. I can understand you thinking, but put yourself in the VO's mind. They are really looking for anything to not issue a visa. Good luck which ever way you go.

Yes. Don't seal it.