Hello All,

I am wondering do you guys every experience when entering the tracking info DHL ask for more info such as zip code but then bring out the detail for only the reference. So like a package sent on the 22nd of July would only show info up to Aug 3 or so? Any idea why this would happen?

Joe

Hello All,

I am wondering do you guys every experience when entering the tracking info DHL ask for more info such as zip code but then bring out the detail for only the reference. So like a package sent on the 22nd of July would only show info up to Aug 3 or so? Any idea why this would happen?

Joe

I have not seen it request more information before. That is strange.

For your example, you can use the reference number EXP 22 JUL 2008B to find out the tracking number, which is 9423679510. You will also see the shipper's ZIP code is 03801

Then, use "track by number" and enter 9423679510 and when it prompts for the ZIP code enter 03801.

I found how to fix this, but I have no idea why it works. :D

When you enter the tracking number, be sure to add a carriage return after the number. If you do not add a carriage return, it will ask for the zip code and give you a short history only.

Hello Steve,

I did add a carriage return and it still asking me for the zip code. This is strange hehe. Either way, thank you.

Joe

I found how to fix this, but I have no idea why it works. :blink:

When you enter the tracking number, be sure to add a carriage return after the number. If you do not add a carriage return, it will ask for the zip code and give you a short history only.

Hello Steve,

I did add a carriage return and it still asking me for the zip code. This is strange hehe. Either way, thank you.

Joe

Today, it is asking me for the zip also. Try this:

• Click on "Track by number"
  • Enter 2 tracking numbers in the box. Enter your tracking number on the 1st line and any other number on the 2nd line. Try 9423679160 for the 2nd one.
  • Click on "Track"

You should see a summary for the 2 shipments. Click on your shipment and you should see the detailed information.

This works for me, at least for now. :(

I'm guessing DHL never expected the tracking information to extend for so many days. It's breaking their software. 40 days and counting...

Edited by SteveK (see edit history)

I found how to fix this, but I have no idea why it works. :huh:

Hello Steve,

Joe

Today, it is asking me for the zip also. Try this:

• Click on "Track by number"
  • Enter 2 tracking numbers in the box. Enter your tracking number on the 1st line and any other number on the 2nd line. Try 9423679160 for the 2nd one.
  • Click on "Track"

You should see a summary for the 2 shipments. Click on your shipment and you should see the detailed information.

This works for me, at least for now. :D

I'm guessing DHL never expected the tracking information to extend for so many days. It's breaking their software. 40 days and counting...

Hello Steve,

That works. They also listed on another link so they do list all of the history. Seems like the last big shipment that was release is the one for 6/26/08 release on 8/12/08.

Joe

Guest Rob & Jin

I dont want this to come across wrong, but tracking DHL to china in regard to petitions and Guz actually collecting it is a waste of time.

Its just going to sit in "customs/warehouse/limbo" until GUZ wants it. Best to use this time to fill out and print all your P-3 & P-4 Docs, get your kitchen sink together.. etc, so no rush at the end.

Good luck :lol:

I dont want this to come across wrong, but tracking DHL to china in regard to petitions and Guz actually collecting it is a waste of time.

Its just going to sit in "customs/warehouse/limbo" until GUZ wants it. Best to use this time to fill out and print all your P-3 & P-4 Docs, get your kitchen sink together.. etc, so no rush at the end.

Good luck :lol:

I don't see it a waste of time at all. Checking the DHL website takes all of 1 minute a day. It's always good to know where you are in the process. By knowing my forms are in customs, I am able to prioritize my time better between filling out forms and all my other daily commitments. I can tell my fiance to relax, the forms are in customs so don't expect to see the P3 anytime soon.

If I am not mistaken, there was 1 CFL member who tracked his forms on the DHL website, and guess what.... his forms NEVER left customs. I think calls to his congressman finally got the attention of the consulate to locate the lost shipment.

Anyway, my forms and kitchen sink are 95% complete. Just need to collect a few more photos from my trip to China in 2 weeks.

Good luck :)

Rob is right here. After so many days of sitting, DHL just posts waiting for clearance delay, and then no matter how many time you check it stays the same.

Now I am going to contradict myself, because I just remembered something someone turned me on to. One of the links on DHL is for International. Click it and go to China. It is another web site that tracks the package once it is in China. It keeps tracking until the packet is delivered.

I hope that I remembered right, good luck guys.

Rob is right here. After so many days of sitting, DHL just posts waiting for clearance delay, and then no matter how many time you check it stays the same.

Now I am going to contradict myself, because I just remembered something someone turned me on to. One of the links on DHL is for International. Click it and go to China. It is another web site that tracks the package once it is in China. It keeps tracking until the packet is delivered.

http://www.cn.dhl.com/publish/cn/en.high.html

This is the Chinese site - with English as the selected language....

http://www.cn.dhl.com/publish/cn/en.high.html

This is the Chinese site - with English as the selected language....

Hello Rob,

It is not that much time like how Steve said it. I just want to know where are the paper. If the P3 is out then I can tell her to look for it. That about it. I just wish there was a easier method. I wonder why they hold US Gov Mail for so long. Other country just let them through. Either way thanks for the advice. Also Mike thanks for the link it works perfect.

Joe

I wonder why they hold US Gov Mail for so long. Other country just let them through.

Joe

Customs is not holding the packages... the consulate is just not picking them up. The consulate lets the packages sit in customs until they are ready to process them. :threeques:

Hey Steve,

They might be deliver tomorrow. Today it shows Clearance processing completed. Hehe.

Joe

I wonder why they hold US Gov Mail for so long. Other country just let them through.

Joe

Customs is not holding the packages... the consulate is just not picking them up. The consulate lets the packages sit in customs until they are ready to process them. :ok:

Hey Steve,

They might be deliver tomorrow. Today it shows Clearance processing completed. Hehe.

Joe

Great! Hopefully, we will see our P3's soon!

Edited by SteveK (see edit history)