Coca-Cola offers to buy Chinese Huiyuan in $2.5B deal

Guest Tony n Terrific

Wait a minute. An American company looking to buy a foreign one? And Chinese no less? Holy man-bites-dog Batman! :angry:

Certainly not the first time something like this has happened.

It is rather common for foreign companies to gobble up local Chinese ones. P&G did this about 10 years ago with a company called, if I am not mistaken, White Cat.

Wait a minute. An American company looking to buy a foreign one? And Chinese no less? Holy man-bites-dog Batman! :offtopic:

It is rather common for foreign companies to gobble up local Chinese ones. P&G did this about 10 years ago with a company called, if I am not mistaken, White Cat.

So is that why some of the canned goods from P&G made me want to sing like a tomcat.........

Guest Tony n Terrific

Wait a minute. An American company looking to buy a foreign one? And Chinese no less? Holy man-bites-dog Batman! <_<

The Coca-Cola offer for Huiyuan has triggered widespread worry in China. The Chinese are not without reason -- seven years after being sold to multi-national giant Procter and Gamble, the annual production of formerly major domestic brand Panda washing powder was reduced from 60,000 tonnes to 4,000 tonnes, as its new owner set the brand aside and showed more interest in promoting its own labels.

Here is a link to this article.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2008-09...ent_6999559.htm

Wait a minute. An American company looking to buy a foreign one? And Chinese no less? Holy man-bites-dog Batman! :lol:

The Coca-Cola offer for Huiyuan has triggered widespread worry in China. The Chinese are not without reason -- seven years after being sold to multi-national giant Procter and Gamble, the annual production of formerly major domestic brand Panda washing powder was reduced from 60,000 tonnes to 4,000 tonnes, as its new owner set the brand aside and showed more interest in promoting its own labels.

Here is a link to this article.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2008-09...ent_6999559.htm

This is nothing new many companies buy out other to do what P&G did. Standard business practice all over the world. It is one way to control the competition or just outright get rid of it.....