Who is Mr. Yang?

orchids

Hello All,

I am new to this and wonder who is this Mr. Yang guy everyone been refering to. I hope to get a interview date in late Nov or early Dec so I might need to find a place to stay in Guangzhou. I am planning to fly over to accompany my SO to the interview. We have a LEFT NVC date of Jul 22 so I assume it would be sometime in Nov. So if someone can tell me who is this Mr. Yang that would be great. Good Luck to you all.

Joe

I see you have gotten many replies, and the replies are indicative of the pro's and con's. I plan upon writing a detailed experience when I get back home to the states, but just to give you a quick summary of our experience (we stayed there 3 nights ago):

Pros:

- Mr and Mrs Yang are very nice people, no doubt about it.

- They can answer questions for your Chinese speaking fiance/e.

- It is very close, exit the building, walk around corner, there you are.

- Excellent price

- Comes with internet access

Cons:

- Their English is not so good (e.g., I couldn't hold a conversation with them)

- The room standards are far below what my fiancee and I have come to expect (we like comfort)

- Mr and Mrs Yang are very young (I guess I was expecting old wise people that would ooze wisdom on us just by being in their presence, but they were younger than us)

- I talked my fiancee into staying here (based upon positive posts here), against her initial suggestion that we stayed in a nice hotel, and the one night we stayed, we were up most of the night in a dispute which eventually turned into me apologizing profusely and repeatedly telling her she was right. What can I say? We're both waterfish.

She concluded that those that liked staying here either needed the extra help the Yangs provided (we already had all of our documentation in hand, and medical was already completed), and/or they stayed multiple nights to adjust to the substandard comfort, and/or they couldn't afford more, and/or they just are not spoiled by the comforts of our everyday living (including 4/5 star hotels when we travel).

Depending upon your own needs/personalities/comforts, YMMV! One thing I'd like to repeat, Mr and Mrs Yang are very nice and helpful. We wish them the very best with their newborn baby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have been staying at the Yang's place for a few years now. The response from people who have stayed there has been overwhelmingly positive. I can only think of two who weren't pleased. In one instance in order to meet the demand I think the Yangs sublet a suite from someone else who doesn't meet their high standards.

i agree that there have been a lot of positive posts about the yang's. i also know alot more than 2 people have been unhappy with them. most people are hesitant to post anything negative about the yang's because they will receive a lot of flack from other members. i even had several members advise me not to post about my experience at the yang's but i chose to post so that members could have more info in which to make their decision about where to stay. if we had at least received clean sheets and towels each day it would have been a more pleasant stay. i won't even get into the 5000 rmb that was stolen from us.

there are more people that weren't satisfied, however since I won't ever be staying there... I don't really hold any good argument... but it just seems that you are right, if your words go against the majority, you open yourself to skepticism and criticism. Especially with all these goats and sheep bickering back and forth, not to mention arguing amongst themselves. :)

We were very satisfied with our stay at the Yang's apartments. Our 1 week stay at the Yang's from Sept. 1-8, 2008 costed us 1960 RMB which is equivalent to $41 USD a day a lot cheaper than a hotel and we got clean sheets and towels everyday, you just have to ask. Don't assume that you will get them automaticaly, this is not a hotel. As for valuables/money left in the room, tisk, tisk, tisk haven't your parents taught you not to do this?

People have been staying at the Yang's place for a few years now. The response from people who have stayed there has been overwhelmingly positive. I can only think of two who weren't pleased. In one instance in order to meet the demand I think the Yangs sublet a suite from someone else who doesn't meet their high standards.

i agree that there have been a lot of positive posts about the yang's. i also know alot more than 2 people have been unhappy with them. most people are hesitant to post anything negative about the yang's because they will receive a lot of flack from other members. i even had several members advise me not to post about my experience at the yang's but i chose to post so that members could have more info in which to make their decision about where to stay. if we had at least received clean sheets and towels each day it would have been a more pleasant stay. i won't even get into the 5000 rmb that was stolen from us.

there are more people that weren't satisfied, however since I won't ever be staying there... I don't really hold any good argument... but it just seems that you are right, if your words go against the majority, you open yourself to skepticism and criticism. Especially with all these goats and sheep bickering back and forth, not to mention arguing amongst themselves. :rolleyes:

We were very satisfied with our stay at the Yang's apartments. Our 1 week stay at the Yang's from Sept. 1-8, 2008 costed us 1960 RMB which is equivalent to $41 USD a day a lot cheaper than a hotel and we got clean sheets and towels everyday, you just have to ask. Don't assume that you will get them automaticaly, this is not a hotel. As for valuables/money left in the room, tisk, tisk, tisk haven't your parents taught you not to do this?

i'm glad that you were happy with your stay at the yangs. everyone has there own set of standards for cleanliness. my honey left the money in our bedroom because she trusted mrs. yang after 8 days of building a friendship with her. i'm glad your experience didn't result in losing any of your valuables.