Well, the hour is drawing nigh, and Han Llin has her interview next tue (2 sep). I am probably not helping her, asking did you get this and this and this done and then she says I worry too much, it will be easy, only a few questions and get the visa. But, knowing the gov, and having heard many less than successful stories, I'm still nervous. Couple of questions, anyone know what they use the biographic information for in the p4? it would seem to me that knowing her/my brothers sisters, parents is more relevant at the start than now? not sure why they have that in the packet now. Also, for scheduling purposes, are they sticking to the "visa next day" rule or are they being issued the same day? She did the medical and that went fine, and will pay the 830rmb when she goes back for the interview.

Hope it goes well, cross your fingers. And...anything else that counts.

I am probably not helping her, asking did you get this and this and this done and then she says I worry too much, it will be easy, only a few questions and get the visa.

:) I keep hearing the same thing from my fiancee.. at some point you just have to trust that you did your best, cross your fingers and hope everything will turn out ok.

I'm not sure about the biographic information they request. I imagine that is a holdover from the "old" system when they used to do the background check from GZ.

As far as picking up your visa, this was posted by donahso on August 24:

This just showed up on GZ's site in the Immigration Visa/What's New section:

What's New

Changes in visa pass back

Effective Immediately: All Immigrant, K, and V visa approved and issued by the Guangzhou Consulate will now be ready for pick-up the next business day following the applicant's interview.

(if you do some digging, you can find the original post)

Good luck and best wishes! Let us know how it turns out..