A few months ago NVC gave me my GUZ case number. Sometime around that time, perhaps before, I was told the final security check was being done. I was told by one of our CFL members that he thought my file had in fact been forwarded to GZ and that there was a problem with some of the shipments due to overweight issues. However, I have never been told by NVC that all security checks had been completed and my file sent to GZ. Is it possible that my file has indeed been sent to GZ and is sitting in some mail room in China? Or is it more likely that they are, after more than 5 months, still doing security checks? It's getting more and more difficult to understand and my wife and I are trying oh so hard to be patient. I did contact Congressman David Wu's office here in Portland but was told until it actually clears security, no one can (or is willing) to intervene. Can anyone shed any light on why my case is taking so long at NVC?

A few months ago NVC gave me my GUZ case number.  Sometime around that time, perhaps before, I was told the final security check was being done.  I was told by one of our CFL members that he thought my file had in fact been forwarded to GZ and that there was a problem with some of the shipments due to overweight issues.  However, I have never been told by NVC that all security checks had been completed and my file sent to GZ.  Is it possible that my file has indeed been sent to GZ and is sitting in some mail room in China?  Or is it more likely that they are, after more than 5 months, still doing security checks?  It's getting more and more difficult to understand and my wife and I are trying oh so hard to be patient.  I did contact Congressman David Wu's office here in Portland but was told until it actually clears security, no one can (or is willing) to intervene.  Can anyone shed any light on why my case is taking so long at NVC?

I must admit Bob. Your timeline has worried me from the start! Maybe you ought to make a few phone calls.

Patrick

I must admit Bob. Your timeline has worried me from the start! Maybe you ought to make a few phone calls.

Patrick

Patrick,

Just not sure who to call or what to do. I know the original processing time for my I-130 petition was 160-190 days. That timeline has steadily crept upwards. Now when I enter my LIN number on the BCIS web site it is stating 365-395 days for processing. BCIS received my I-130 November 15. But my understanding is that since we're married and filed a K3 petition, processing of the I-130 can continue after my wife is here in the U.S. NVC tells me my file was electronically sent to Washington DC the same day NVC received it: March 18. It seems I've seen others that have taken as long, perhaps longer, yet there are many that were received well after mine and NVC has already sent those to GZ. As with all of us on this web site I simply want to live out the rest of my life with my wife here in the U.S. The happily ever after thing!

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions. I do call NVC once every week and everytime I am told my file has been electronically sent to Washington DC and they don't have it back yet. That security checks are still being done. Don, I have called the 1225 number in Washington DC probably 3 or 4 times now during the past 30 days. I have yet to get through. One time I waited more than 30 minutes and finally gave up. Is there a "best" time to actually get someone live on that 1225 number? NVC has had my file since March 18; just seems like an awfully long time to still be doing security checks. Doesn't it?

I always called first thing in the morning - 5:30 AM on our coast. I also avoided Monday and Friday. Five months for clearances is on the long side but not unheard of. Rob's just cleared and it seems like his was started about the same time as yours.

This morning at 5:30 I called the 1225 number in Washington, DC. The person I talked to put me on hold for a couple minutes and called NVC. She then came back to me telling me exactly what NVC has been telling me all along: still doing security checks (name checks). I sent an e-mail letter to Assistant Secretary Harty last night so maybe, just maybe, she will be of some help. Fingers crossed!