EAD card taking so slow

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should arrive within 90 days. If not, you can get a stamp in your passport through an InfoPass appt.

I think most are closer to 60 days.

OK...I guess we'll try to be patient and wait for another month and see....

Gino - Lulu's EAD card came SO FAST after the biometrics tho! At this point, I don't care too much about the green card, cuz it'll come sooner or later. I just need the EAD card to start working... =\

We sent in the requested initial evidence in July and USCIS reflected case processing resumed on 7/21. It's been a month, no other update whatsoever. We wonder what's going on and why is that EAD card taking so long. Is this normal? Anything we can do? So frustrated, I need to work. ARGHH >_<

Same here. We sent the initial evidence. They received it on Aug.1 , we were touch on Aug 8.

Nothing since then.

I see some get EAD after 1 month and others 2 months.

My wife needs to work.

We have a family to take care of! :D

Don't worry , I am sure that won't help but hope it offers some consilation. AmyAndDoug, I am sure you guys will receive the Green Card and EAD soon. I wouldn't be surprised if you receive an update by the end of this month or even as early as the first week of August at the latest. Just hang in there, you both have waited this long.. I think the Green Card would probably be better than the EAD Amy. Because with the green card you can work and don't need the EAD for that.

Just be patient. And as soon as you get the green card or EAD, go to the Social security office to get a new card without the red lettering that allows her to get a SS card without the restrictions. I've found some employers can be real nasty about letting you work , especially if you show them the SS card with the red lettering stating that you are not allowed to work without Authorization from the government.

Good luck AmyAndDoug, everyone here in CFL is rooting for you and hope you get your Green Card very soon!!! :angry:

It should arrive within 90 days. If not, you can get a stamp in your passport through an InfoPass appt.

I think most are closer to 60 days.

OK...I guess we'll try to be patient and wait for another month and see....

Gino - Lulu's EAD card came SO FAST after the biometrics tho! At this point, I don't care too much about the green card, cuz it'll come sooner or later. I just need the EAD card to start working... =\

• 3 weeks later...

Still better than me. It's been 4 month since I sent the RFE evidence

! I didn't get anything, not even my EAD or AP! :lol:

Did you get a written update at least? I just read my online update from 7/21. It says "you should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days......" We'll reach 60 days by the end of next week. did yours say the same?

My lawyer said that since EAD has a 90 day limit, if it passes 90 days (not sure from beginning or RFE), I can make an appointment with the USCIS office here and should be able to get my EAD card issued on the same day when I go in for the appointment. Anyone heard of this? Is that correct? (lawyers nowadays aren't all that trustworthy...unfortunately...)

Did you get a written update at least? I just read my online update from 7/21. It says "you should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days......" We'll reach 60 days by the end of next week. did yours say the same?

My lawyer said that since EAD has a 90 day limit, if it passes 90 days (not sure from beginning or RFE), I can make an appointment with the USCIS office here and should be able to get my EAD card issued on the same day when I go in for the appointment. Anyone heard of this? Is that correct? (lawyers nowadays aren't all that trustworthy...unfortunately...)

It doesn't matter how they count the time, my case has already out of the normal time and that is also what i was told from one of the uscis people when i called them about a week ago. He and she told me that there is really nothing i can do about my case except waiting. It's almost been 6 months since i filled my AOS and about 4 month after we sent the evidence for my RFE. Still nothing! :partytime2: But they did update my data which is 3 months ago.

Kind of makes you wish you had not done K-3 and just file I-130 only for CR-1 visa, NO dealing with USCIS for EAD or Green-card, CR-1 has the benefit of immediate green-card upon entry, NO waiting for USCIS processing of EAD/Green-Card.

Kind of makes you wish you had not done K-3 and just file I-130 only for CR-1 visa, NO dealing with USCIS for EAD or Green-card, CR-1 has the benefit of immediate green-card upon entry, NO waiting for USCIS processing of EAD/Green-Card.

And a savings of $1010 for AOS. :happybday:

You need to offset that by the $470 NVC fees for CR-1, but yes CR-1 costs less.

K-3:

I-130: $355

I-129F: NONE

Consulate: $131

AOS: $1010

($1496)

CR-1

I-130: $355

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

It doesn't matter how they count the time, my case has already out of the normal time and that is also what i was told from one of the uscis people when i called them about a week ago. He and she told me that there is really nothing i can do about my case except waiting. It's almost been 6 months since i filled my AOS and about 4 month after we sent the evidence for my RFE. Still nothing! :( But they did update my data which is 3 months ago.

When we called USCIS last week, they told us to wait 11 more days when it reaches 90 days (don't know how they counted it), go on USCIS website to make an infopass appointment at the local USCIS office. And should get a temporary EAD card the day I go in for the appointment, which is the same thing our lawyer told us. Have you tried that?

It doesn't matter how they count the time, my case has already out of the normal time and that is also what i was told from one of the uscis people when i called them about a week ago. He and she told me that there is really nothing i can do about my case except waiting. It's almost been 6 months since i filled my AOS and about 4 month after we sent the evidence for my RFE. Still nothing! <_< But they did update my data which is 3 months ago.

When we called USCIS last week, they told us to wait 11 more days when it reaches 90 days (don't know how they counted it), go on USCIS website to make an infopass appointment at the local USCIS office. And should get a temporary EAD card the day I go in for the appointment, which is the same thing our lawyer told us. Have you tried that?

From what I have been reading on VJ, they don't give a temp EAD, they will contact the service center handling the EAD and get it expedited.