"This Could Explode Somewhere..."

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A report from the Nautilus Institute on mass protests in China...

http://www.nautilus.org/fora/security/08065YuYu.html

They find the following reasons:

The widening gap between the rich and the poor.

Official corruption.

Legal avenues of grievance and redress (remember the grannies sentenced to the rock pile for a LEGAL demonstration) are very weak. While social and economic systems in China have changed dramatically since the opening up, management and work systems have not.

A report from the Nautilus Institute on mass protests in China...

http://www.nautilus.org/fora/security/08065YuYu.html

They find the following reasons:

The widening gap between the rich and the poor.

Official corruption.

Legal avenues of grievance and redress (remember the grannies sentenced to the rock pile for a LEGAL demonstration) are very weak. While social and economic systems in China have changed dramatically since the opening up, management and work systems have not.

I wonder how long it'll take our favorite new China resident to show up and tell us that these incidents didn't happen because there's just no such unrest in China. At least in his little corner of it anyway. :lol:

Guest ShaQuaNew
I wonder how long it'll take our favorite new China resident to show up and tell us that these incidents didn't happen because there's just no such unrest in China. At least in his little corner of it anyway. :lol:

You're not only bored, but boring as well....

:D

You're not only bored, but boring as well....

:D

Woke you up. ;) And I did say you're our favorite. :)

AGREE!

China is a developing country, Even super developed country like America has poor people.So...

my parents works in small countryside town, I am raised in a poor where the family monthly income is 700 RMB when i was in primary school :lol: We were very happy, I was satified and excited to get 0.5 kuai to buy ice-cream, honestly happy and satisfied, and I experienced my parent's salary increased from 100/month when I was born to some thousands per month now and still increasing. Isn't that inprovement? :lol:

It's great to have your voice here Wendy as a woman who is from the country. If you don't already know you will discover that the great majority of our wives are urban women...

And I'm pleased as punch that your family is doing well in their small town... :D But there were 50,000 protests in China last year, most of them in rural areas over the issues of concern...Let me give a couple of examples. Suppose that your families' land, and many others, are needed for a new GOLF COURSE... :o :P Your family gets not nearly enough compensation for their property that was their livelihood but the local party officials all have new Mercedes... :huh: Or imagine that your family grows rubber trees in southern Yunnan province and now all growers MUST sell to a government controlled entity at far lower prices than could be gotten on the open market...but the local party officials all build new villas... :blink:

This is one reason I kept my mouth shut. I cann't represent all Chinese. But why can you (not you personally, power of English word :D ) make so much remarks about China? :offtopic:

Guest ShaQuaNew

I have been back to homeland for almost a month now.

I have been asking myself one question: what makes one happy? It seems what you have now is not as important as what you or your child may have in future.

Joanne,

It was a real pleasure meeting you and your family in Shanghai. I do hope we can get a chance to get together again before you go back to the US.

<_<

AGREE!

China is a developing country, Even super developed country like America has poor people.So...

my parents works in small countryside town, I am raised in a poor where the family monthly income is 700 RMB when i was in primary school :lol: We were very happy, I was satified and excited to get 0.5 kuai to buy ice-cream, honestly happy and satisfied, and I experienced my parent's salary increased from 100/month when I was born to some thousands per month now and still increasing. Isn't that inprovement? :lol:

It's great to have your voice here Wendy as a woman who is from the country. If you don't already know you will discover that the great majority of our wives are urban women...

And I'm pleased as punch that your family is doing well in their small town... :D But there were 50,000 protests in China last year, most of them in rural areas over the issues of concern...Let me give a couple of examples. Suppose that your families' land, and many others, are needed for a new GOLF COURSE... :o :angry: Your family gets not nearly enough compensation for their property that was their livelihood but the local party officials all have new Mercedes... :huh: Or imagine that your family grows rubber trees in southern Yunnan province and now all growers MUST sell to a government controlled entity at far lower prices than could be gotten on the open market...but the local party officials all build new villas... :blink:

This is one reason I kept my mouth shut. I cann't represent all Chinese. But why can you (not you personally, power of English word :D ) make so much remarks about China? :ph34r:

Joanne by your reasoning we must sit on our hands and not comment on anything... :o

We have all been to China, we can read widely and deeply about it, we can use our minds to draw our own conclusions... :V:

The curious case of Yang Jia... :unsure:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...ernet-hero.html

A madman who murdered in cold blood???

Or an ordinary man driven to kill by a system that had discarded him???

Geez, Rog! I'm not so sure about these English rags with their own foreign correspondents.

Foreign correspondent man...they've given him a number...and taken 'way his name... :ph34r:

Sheessssh...Okay Randy here's the AP version...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8082702030.html