immigration attorney for interview

well,my wife,has read much on the 001 site,that she should have an attorney for the interview in guz? is this necessary? she said the cost about 4000 yuan.She is not insisting on this,but feels we have a better chance with the attorney,as some of her friends,have got the blue slip,she feels because they did not have an attorney.I think we are well prepared,thanks to this "CFL" site.,i wish i could be there with her when she has her interview.but i am unable to be there,as i have a new job. My wife's english is getting better,but i think she is getting nervous,understanding the documents,if officer asks for a certain document,she might not know what they are asking,and just get really nervous.I have mixed feelings with the attorney,seems costly for what?

on the other hand,if it makes her less nervous.could concider it,a very expensive coach.I don;t know.

jimi

I've never heard of attorney beiing able to BE PRESENT during an interview. OTOH, perhaps what she is referring to is 'case review' instead. You know the paperwork you submitted, you have your kitchen sink prepared - now with that knowledge in mind - do you THINK you need an attorney?

You do remember, too, that YOU cannot be at her side during the interview?

If you and her really feels she need coaching for the interview then I would PM Smilingasia.

Good luck!!

Well,i don't think she needs coaching,i really do feel we are well prepared,she has had a few people on 001 site say,she needs a attorney,and so now it is in her head,we could use an attorney.

in my opinion,it is 600.00 dollars wasted.I was just wondering if others,used attorneys for interview?

If you and her really feels she need coaching for the interview then I would PM Smilingasia.

Good luck!!

Well,i don't think she needs coaching,i really do feel we are well prepared,she has had a few people on 001 site say,she needs a attorney,and so now it is in her head,we could use an attorney.

in my opinion,it is 600.00 dollars wasted.I was just wondering if others,used attorneys for interview?

Help me understand something. What is a lawyer needed for prior to the interview? Just exactly what would the attorney do?

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

Good luck!!

Help me understand something. What is a lawyer needed for prior to the interview? Just exactly what would the attorney do?

Well,this was a conversation we had today on yahoo messenger,and some of the translation was not clear to me,i emailed her tonight,where i can get a clearer concept of this,it might be one,who looks over our documents,makes sure everything is in order,for the interview,but she has everything she needs and then some,well"the kitchen sink"is what she has.So,i am a bit lost myself on this,and i am how do say it" a bit on the cheap side" by nature,so i see the attorney thing as a waste of money.

jimi

Good luck!!

Well,this was a conversation we had today on yahoo messenger,and some of the translation was not clear to me,i emailed her tonight,where i can get a clearer concept of this,it might be one,who looks over our documents,makes sure everything is in order,for the interview,but she has everything she needs and then some,well"the kitchen sink"is what she has.So,i am a bit lost myself on this,and i am how do say it" a bit on the cheap side" by nature,so i see the attorney thing as a waste of money.

jimi

Perhaps she is alluding to having an attorney close by the Consulate just in case she gets a blue slip? I have heard of others doing this.

Good luck!!

at this stage of the game all an attorney would do is review your papers and provide coaching and perhaps a mock interview. if your well prepared its not necessary, but only you guys can decide this. good luck to you both. think pink!

When we were in Guangzhou last year for interview, my wife wanted to ask a few questions, one of Peter Pagents paralegals was kind enough to sit down and talk about the process, of course wanted to help prepare the paperwork for a fee, Yu just wanted a few questions answered, we ended up doing our paper work our selves.

We rented an apartment from Mr Yang, he was kind enough to coach Yu on the interview, and looked over her paperwork.

Unless the interview results in something needing over-come, a lawyer is not needed, and cannot be at the interview.

Why don't you tell her about the very wise and experienced Mr. Yang? When you have your interview date she can call him to make a reservation and at the same time ask him if she needs a lawyer prior to the interview.

I think his answer is predictable.

You're up against the "I heard it from a Chinese lady" thing ... ain't easy to overcome!

You're up against the "I heard it from a Chinese lady" thing ... ain't easy to overcome!

God,you are so right,she heard it on 001 site ,and now its like gospel. if it makes her feel better,i will get the attorney,but it's wasting 600.00,for something,i feel we don't need.

jimi

Guest WenDylan

I've never heard of attorney beiing able to BE PRESENT during an interview. OTOH, perhaps what she is referring to is 'case review' instead. You know the paperwork you submitted, you have your kitchen sink prepared - now with that knowledge in mind - do you THINK you need an attorney?

You do remember, too, that YOU cannot be at her side during the interview?

Hey, that's cheating! You can't copy each other's test. LOL! :lol:

I was reading 001 as well when we prepared the petition, and I am very sure 001 is very against hiring any attorney. Maybe your wife get the wrong information?

my wife had two friends,they got the blue slip,and actually i think one got the white slip,but others got to talking,,and felt they did not pass because they did not have an attorney.

jimi