Looking for good immigration attorney in GZ

My fiancee and I are in the fraud/misrepresentation on a previous K-1 application trap, and it appears that we do not face a happy outcome to the I-601 waiver application that we filed in March, 2008. Does anyone know of a good attorney in GZ or Shenzhen that might be able to help us? We should have done this in March when her visa was denied, but I guess hindsight is always 20-20. It is hard to know what to do when obstacles are encountered in this process.

Thanks for any suggestions, and good luck to everyone.

His previous post - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=418371 -

My fiancee had her interview in March, 2008. Everything was going well, the VO said she would approve and then noticed something on the file indicating that she is inadmissible due to misrepresentation on her previous K1 application from 5 years ago. The circumstances around that application were 1)Consulate approved the application, but visas were not being issued due to 9/11-related processing changes. 2)Due to long delay in issuing visa, petitioner eventually gave up and withdrew the petition. The misrepresentation allegation found its way to her file after the petition was withdrawn. We were told at the interview that our only recourse was to file a I-601 Waiver application, which we did on 3/18 - still in Administrative Processing. We have never found out the exact nature of the alleged misrepresentation, but it seems from reading some other posts that this can occur due to a snag in the way the petition was withdrawn, and probably there was really not any intentional misrepresentation, which is what I have thought all along.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation, and can you suggest any action that can be taken other than wasting more of our lives waiting for DHS to process the I601?

I don't think it's ever been discussed here about what happens to the beneficiary with one of these fraud cases - I'd say you definitely need a lawyer, but maybe one to help you with the USCIS here in the states. It may be out of GUZ's hands because of the finding in the states.

The waiver mentioned in your other thread (for dcwfn) was for inadmissability due to a visa overstay.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Sorry for your troubles :lol:

Misrepresentation is a hard thing to overcome, depending somewhat on the cause. You are going to need to show that not getting a visa is going to cause "extreme hardship " for you the petitioner.

This website has alot of info on 601's and links to lawyers that specialize in waivers

www.immigrate2us.net

Good luck to you, keep us posted.