what a stupid question huh?

well, it's a bit more complicated that it normally should be.

My hukou(»§¿Ú) is originated in yibin, sichuan, from what i gathered is that according to some kind of regulations, people from that region can only apply a visa in beijing.

is this true? i wish it is not, just want to make sure, that i dont have to travel all the way cross the county just for handing in my papers.

thank you in advance for anything you can share me with

xiaomin

Edited by Jerry & xiaomin (see edit history)
Guest WenDylan

what a stupid question huh?

well, it's a bit more complicated that it normally should be.

My hukou(»§¿Ú) is originated in yibin, sichuan, from what i gathered is that according to some kind of regulations, people from that region can only apply a visa in beijing.

is this true? i wish it is not, just want to make sure, that i dont have to travel all the way cross the county just for handing in my papers.

thank you in advance for anything you can share me with

xiaomin

What kind of visa? What papers are you handing in?

Hi, I think you have to go back to your Hukou place to file your passport and get a notarial birth certificate, single certificate first. Interview is in Guangzhou consulate for K1 or CR1 visa, even beijing people have to come to GZ for the interview.So i do not know why sichuan girl have to go to Beijing? I have my passport on hand before meet Dylan, So my father get the notarial birth certificate for me when we visit family. So, I gave my passport copy and birth certificate and visa photo to Dylan. but later we found out it would be better to contain single certificate as well. :wub:

P.S When I file my passport I have to go back to my Hukou place in person.

Edited by WenDylanforever (see edit history)

You don't apply for your visa for a K-1 or a CR-1 - your american male partner does. I can't think of any reason to go to BeiJing at all.

Tell Your American Male Partner (AMP) to review the paperwork flow for K-1 and CR-1 over at http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_EZ_FAQ.htm , and remind him that YOU are not applying for a visa, but rather, he is petitioning for a visa for you. I know, is different words, but meaning is different too.

Perhaps I am confused? Perhaps you really want to apply for a tourist visa to the USA? If that is the case, then yes, YOU, XIAOMIN, will have to apply without Jerry being the petitioner.

Nope, you weren't confused, and thank you everyone for the information. I (Jerry) have a lot of studying to do. I'm going to print out all of the instructions and flow stuff, and study it (probably on my flight next month!) So if xiaomin has most, if not all, of the paperwork that she needs, then she doesn't need to do much of anything to initiate the filing right? As I recall, there's a filing center right here (12 miles from me) in Laguna Niguel, CA, although they don't take hand-ins so I would have to mail it all in anyway. It would be so much easier if I could do everything for her (as a good Hubby is suppose to!)

So, before I study, let me make sure I'm, studying the right thing. I'm going to be submitting forms; K-1, I-129F and G-325A, along with whatever identifying documentation those forms require right? Do I include the "Intent to Marry letter?" or an "Invitation letter?"

Thanks everyone. xiaomin and I are seeing every day that we would be so lost without this group, and all of you great people here.

J-n-x

You don't apply for your visa for a K-1 or a CR-1 - your american male partner does. I can't think of any reason to go to BeiJing at all.

Tell Your American Male Partner (AMP) to review the paperwork flow for K-1 and CR-1 over at http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_EZ_FAQ.htm , and remind him that YOU are not applying for a visa, but rather, he is petitioning for a visa for you. I know, is different words, but meaning is different too.

Perhaps I am confused? Perhaps you really want to apply for a tourist visa to the USA? If that is the case, then yes, YOU, XIAOMIN, will have to apply without Jerry being the petitioner.

Terminology here - the American citizen is the petitioner. The Chinese citizen is the applicant, and actually does file an application with GUZ for the visa as part of the P-3 (Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part I)).

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Terminology here - the American citizen is the petitioner. The Chinese citizen is the applicant, and actually does file an application with GUZ for the visa as part of the P-3 (Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part I)).

OMG! Now there's a P-3 AND a DS-230 Part I? -- I think it was easier to join the Marine Corps!!!... (But at least the results are going to be sooo much sweeter this time!)

Edited by Jerry & xiaomin (see edit history)

Hey Jerry & xiaomin,

Here is a copy of the cover letter I sent in with our I-129 K1/K2 package. It will give you and idea of what things you'll need to gather although your situation may be slightly different which would mean you may need to include or exclude documents as appropriate. You'll also get this information on the instruction sheet for the I-129 form, read them and follow them carefully and you should be ok.

One other thing to remember is save all receipts and pay for things with your credit/debit card that has your name on it and links to your bank account, anything you pay for with cash is useless because how do you prove you actually paid for it! Save all air travel documents including boarding passes with your name on them, train and taxi receipts without your name on them are pretty much useless. Save all hotel and restaurant receipts paid for with your credit/debit card. Take lots of pictures of the two of you and also with family and friends in different situations.

By the time we gathered everything to send to the USCIS we had a stack of documents about 3/4" thick! One thing I did that you may want to consider doing is scan everything as pdf files in your computer and give a copy of them to your lady to keep with her in China, back them up to another drive/disc as well just in case. Also make a complete hard copy for her as she will need it later.

Package Contents

1) I-129F, Petition for Alien Fianc¨¦e, Check #XXX in the amount of $455.00 (paper clip the check to the top of the form)

2) G-325A, Biographical Information for "beneficiary" (your fianc¨¦e)

3) G-325A, Biographical Information for "petitioner" (you, US citizen)

4) Passport Photos for "petitioner", "beneficiary" (fianc¨¦e) and any children coming with your fianc¨¦e

5) Proof of Citizenship for "petitioner" including Birth Certificate and complete Passport

6) Birth Certificate for "beneficiary" with English translation and notary certificate

7) Birth Certificate for any children with English translation and notary certificate

8) Statements of Intention to Marry for "petitioner" and "beneficiary" (note: let her do this in her own words, my fianc¨¦e wanted me to correct her English and sentence structure and I told her it was more important that it was an honest statement in her words than the English was correct. This is just my opinion but it seems to have served us well to this point.)

9) Divorce Documents for "petitioner" and "beneficiary" with English translation and notary certificate (if your fianc¨¦e has never been married and divorced then I think she will need a "single document" stating she is not married but you can check this for yourself if needed)

10) Evidence of travel to China and meeting "beneficiary" (here's were copies of all those receipts come in handy)

11) Evidence of traveling together to XXXXX and Hong Kong (if you take any side trips together save these receipts)

12) Copies of emails, evidence of a long relationship and intent to get married (give copies of early emails and recent emails to show the length of your relationship)

13) Pictures, evidence of meeting (I attached them to several sheets of paper and noted who was in the picture, when and where it was taken and in some cases what we were doing)

14) Other evidence of relationship and intent to get married (use copies of receipts for the purchase of engagement ring, wedding rings or any presents you buy for her)

(side note: I paper clipped each group of documents and marked them with the numbers as noted above.)

Note: Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered original documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular official at a later date.

Signed: "petitioner's name"

"print petitioner's name"

Date: XXXXXXX

This will get you started and give you time to research future steps like the P3 which is a relatively easy set of forms but other documents that need to be gathered may take some time and P4 which is a lot of documents in preparation for the interview.

Good luck and I hope you have a great trip!

Bob

Hey Jerry & xiaomin,

Here is a copy of the cover letter I sent in with our I-129 K1/K2 package. It will give you <--clip--> of forms but other documents that need to be gathered may take some time and P4 which is a lot of documents in preparation for the interview.

Good luck and I hope you have a great trip!

Bob

Wow! Thank you so much for the list Bob (haiqing too!)

I just pulled out the engagement ring receipt! Well... it's a start!

This trip is going to be the most amazing ride of my life (and I'm not talking about the plane or ground transportation!) I wonder if I can leave my seatbelt fastened the whole time I'm there? I think I'm going to need it! LOL (kisses xiaomin!)

Only visas issued in Beijing are visitors visas, if you plan on immigrating, US citizen files the petition in the USA, unless the US citizen lives in China on some resident visa, then the US citizen can file the petition to the nearest US consulate, which me be in Beijing, but the actual visa interview and processing will happen in Guangzhou.

Jerry - read the EZFAQ, please- scroll up, find the link in my original reply to you - CLICK it - and read about 'how to file a K-1'.

Good Luck !