Hey! That's my bubble gum; or...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Let's make no mistake. Media is biased. Case in point: The Olympic coverage in the US and every other country that is participating. If the US isn't whining about the youth of the Chinese female gymnasts, another country is complaining about the Spanish Basketball Team photo, seemingly mocking Chinese eyes.

When I view media coverage in the West, it's predominated with stories of US competitors. They tell stories of the athlete's life and personal sacrifices in just making it to the Olympics. The same goes on in China. Several stories have surfaces about how Michael Phelps is excluded from coverage in China. The story is clearly untrue, as you can see by another post here:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=424536

Regardless the age of any competitor, the Olympic committee gave the final word that all competitors need only produce a passport for proof of citizenship and age. Most Chinese people will be offended at the suggestion of their most cherished competitors purposely breaking rules; doesn't really matter to them whether it's true or not. The bottom line is that's it's tough to lose when you've prepared and sacrified for years for a few days of actual events. Then, watch it all disappear to someone that looks like a fifth grader.

Does it really matter? It seems so to many in the West. I guess there is nothing worse than being outdone by someone with a missing tooth.

:surrender:

Guest WenDylan

Let's make no mistake. Media is biased. Case in point: The Olympic coverage in the US and every other country that is participating. If the US isn't whining about the youth of the Chinese female gymnasts, another country is complaining about the Spanish Basketball Team photo, seemingly mocking Chinese eyes.

When I view media coverage in the West, it's predominated with stories of US competitors. They tell stories of the athlete's life and personal sacrifices in just making it to the Olympics. The same goes on in China. Several stories have surfaces about how Michael Phelps is excluded from coverage in China. The story is clearly untrue, as you can see by another post here:

Regardless the age of any competitor, the Olympic committee gave the final word that all competitors need only produce a passport for proof of citizenship and age. Most Chinese people will be offended at the suggestion of their most cherished competitors purposely breaking rules; doesn't really matter to them whether it's true or not. The bottom line is that's it's tough to lose when you've prepared and sacrified for years for a few days of actual events. Then, watch it all disappear to someone that looks like a fifth grader.

Does it really matter? It seems so to many in the West. I guess there is nothing worse than being outdone by someone with a missing tooth.

If it didn't go the way I want it. It is someone else's fault. That's life. :)

I agree with you , cheating to win and not following the Olympic Committee Rules does not really matter, its who wins is what matters and how they do it should make no difference, hey its a dog eat dog world out there.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Has there been any coverage in the West about the Chinese weightlifters; male and female? The only story I saw was about the guy who twisted and broke his arm. Sorry, don't recall what country he was from. Didn't even hear about that story here....

Guest WenDylan

Has there been any coverage in the West about the Chinese weightlifters; male and female? The only story I saw was about the guy who twisted and broke his arm. Sorry, don't recall what country he was from. Didn't even hear about that story here....

I just finished watch the weightlifters tonight on NBC online. It was great!! I love the reactions!! I hope someday I can attend a real Olympics weightlifting event in person.

:surrender: I feel weightlifting is ..is..is very bloody.. Expecially when see the male competitor from North Korean were almost fall in a faint. and I was scared to watch the woman weight lifting, that the girls who is 48kg lift 117kg !!! :( ugh I prefer to be weaker and only lift 20kg.

:) why she looks so muscle? when she is almost weight the same as me?

Edited by WenDylanforever (see edit history)
Guest WenDylan

:) I feel weightlifting is ..is..is very bloody.. Expecially when see the male competitor from North Korean were almost fall in a faint. and I was scared to watch the woman weight lifting, that the girls who is 48kg lift 117kg !!! :D ugh I prefer to be weaker and only lift 20kg.

:( why she looks so muscle? when she is almost weight the same as me?

I know, that is what amazes me, they are likely the same height too! It is amazing... I wish I could shake the weightlifter girl's hand... :surrender: