Waiting for Medical Exam (Green Card)

We filed $1010usd worth of stuff (sorry) a few months ago.
Then,we received a letter instructing to go get fingerprinted in Tampa.
Then,we waited.
Then,the EAD Working Card arrived in the mailbox and my wife started LEGALLY working a couple of months ago.

Thats it.

WHATS NEXT???

Have I forgotten anything?

I assume the next thing to happen is a letter will come instructing to go make Medical Exam (in USA) should arrive?

Theres nothing more I can do-right?

Just wait for the Med-Exam instructions to come in the mail?

My wife has started pestering me about this so I had better have an answer for her tonight!

(I think we are supposed to just wait for that Med-Exam letter,but every time she gets around "new" Chinese friends,and they start giving her "advice" about her Green Card,she starts getting impatient and militant towards me.)

Demilitarized Duck with Plumb Sauce for dinner tonight!

TB - hey - don't worry about any advice here , or the copious amounts o data in the FAQ section - just keep relying on your wife's chinese friends to get the right scoop - it's gospel - or at least you should treat it that way.

Enjoy !

We filed $1010usd worth of stuff (sorry) a few months ago.

Then,we received a letter instructing to go get fingerprinted in Tampa.

Then,we waited.

Then,the EAD Working Card arrived in the mailbox and my wife started LEGALLY working a couple of months ago.

Thats it.

WHATS NEXT???

Have I forgotten anything?

I assume the next thing to happen is a letter will come instructing to go make Medical Exam (in USA) should arrive?

Theres nothing more I can do-right?

Just wait for the Med-Exam instructions to come in the mail?

My wife has started pestering me about this so I had better have an answer for her tonight!

(I think we are supposed to just wait for that Med-Exam letter,but every time she gets around "new" Chinese friends,and they start giving her "advice" about her Green Card,she starts getting impatient and militant towards me.)

Demilitarized Duck with Plumb Sauce for dinner tonight!

She is just WORRIED (advice from Chinese co-workers)that she needs to get her MEDICAL EXAM.

The last thing we have received was her EAD Card.

We have not received anything else since,and we have never received anything regarding a "Medical Exam Appointment".

I assume there is nothing to do now except wait for a letter to arrive instructing her to go and have a Medical Exam.

She's certainly free to get a medical exam. :rolleyes: Might even be a good thing. But it's not required for the GC. The medical she got in GUZ fulfills the requirements.

Are you saying we should not EXPECT any letter to come,instructing her to get medical exam for the Green Card?

Are we just waiting for some kind of "Green Card Appointment Letter" to arrive?

She got fingerprinted in TAMPA,then her EAD Card arrived in the mail.

Thats the last contact from them.

Its been about 3 months since the EAD Card arrived.

No more letters received since.

She's certainly free to get a medical exam. :rolleyes: Might even be a good thing. But it's not required for the GC. The medical she got in GUZ fulfills the requirements.

Are you saying we should not EXPECT any letter to come,instructing her to get medical exam for the Green Card?

Are we just waiting for some kind of "Green Card Appointment Letter" to arrive?

She got fingerprinted in TAMPA,then her EAD Card arrived in the mail.

Thats the last contact from them.

Its been about 3 months since the EAD Card arrived.

No more letters received since.

You can expect an interview appointment letter soon

Check here for processing times

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

They show that they are now processing applications w/NOA1 date of dec 7, 2007

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Med exam is NOT a requirement for adjustment of status if the medical for the K-Visa is less than a year before applying for AOS.

However Vaccination record, or Vaccinations ARE required for AOS from a K-Visa.

You will need vaccinations and/or record transfered to I-693 by a CS for this.

A Recent post: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=423577

It is possible you won't have an interview, no guarantee but it happens.

You and your wife need to understand there is no making the USCIS go any faster than it wants, while it may be annoying there isn't much you can do until they contact you and advise you as to the next step in the process.