when all else fails,pray

it's almost been a year into this process,the only decent word to descibe it is "absurdity".i been one ,a die hard patriot of this country,i love America,but have increasingly become disappointed in this country,from this long drawn out immigrations process,no one should have to wait this long.to our politicians dragging their feet,on simple issues as,drilling for our own oil,if for no other reason,at least we can truely be independent,anyway i am moving into forbidden territory.

well,i been calling DOS like every week,did the consulate get my petition...."no....bla,bla,bla,bla,bla.....this excuse,that excuse"i look on the dhl website my paperwork stuck in clearance delay,everyday for about the past two weeks,the same"clearance delay",anyway,last night,man i just started praying,because i feel so helpless,i know where the petition is,it's like,i feel like going over there and picking it up myself,entering it into the computer....and you know ....it's frustrating,absolutely frustrating.....anyway,today i looked on the DHL website,it is now "clearing process completed" and at dhl facility,hey,it's not the P3 package...or even a interview date,hell i will take any step closer i can get. anyway,i told God i would give him the glory,its cool if you don't believe,could be just a coincident,hey,for what its worth,i am a step closer,and thats cool,when all else fails,pray.

jimi

You have that right....jimi.... :D

I wish you all the right luck. I will be in your boat soon... :lol: ;)

Tom and Ling

it's almost been a year into this process,the only decent word to descibe it is "absurdity".i been one ,a die hard patriot of this country,i love America,but have increasingly become disappointed in this country,from this long drawn out immigrations process,no one should have to wait this long.to our politicians dragging their feet,on simple issues as,drilling for our own oil,if for no other reason,at least we can truely be independent,anyway i am moving into forbidden territory.

well,i been calling DOS like every week,did the consulate get my petition...."no....bla,bla,bla,bla,bla.....this excuse,that excuse"i look on the dhl website my paperwork stuck in clearance delay,everyday for about the past two weeks,the same"clearance delay",anyway,last night,man i just started praying,because i feel so helpless,i know where the petition is,it's like,i feel like going over there and picking it up myself,entering it into the computer....and you know ....it's frustrating,absolutely frustrating.....anyway,today i looked on the DHL website,it is now "clearing process completed" and at dhl facility,hey,it's not the P3 package...or even a interview date,hell i will take any step closer i can get. anyway,i told God i would give him the glory,its cool if you don't believe,could be just a coincident,hey,for what its worth,i am a step closer,and thats cool,when all else fails,pray.

jimi

jimi

That's great news, congradulations on the breakthrough.

Richard

Guest WenDylan

jimi

Whether you pray or not, whether you would sacrifice a few fingers, or a foot, God is there for you and watching over you, and your family, every step of this process. For every rhyme, there is a reason, and I too put my trust in God.

Glad to hear your process is rolling again!! :lol:

Guest Rob & Jin

we waited 82 days from NVC out to our case being "opened" and P-3 generated, others from earlier this year waited around 120 days, things seem quicker now, I think you will get it very soon, just keep checking the DOS #.

Good luck :rolleyes:

I can totally understand the frustration, but I have to say this - I have to remind you - there is no trackable timeline from the time it's left NVC to the time it's opened up at the Consulate.

When it's shipped over via DHL, clearing through HKG is easy, takes 2 days, tops.

Then it gets into a Guangzhou warehouse (no, it wasn't lost on a truck) where it waits for a coupla things. Since it's consulate documents, China makes the US Consulate wait a bit. Even then, GUZ won't go pick it up when the China Clearance is complete - instead GUZ works on FIFO inventory principles for opening the IV cases from that bonded warehouse.

Just because DHL claims it's finished with 'clearance delay' doesn't mean GUZ is picking it up today, tomorrow, or even next week.

I remind you that you need to be patient - the physical case file is in a RECOVERABLE black hole, until staff process the file and LOG it into their system for processing.

I would gladly pay an extra 200 bucks for my file to be electronically scanned in at NVC in hi-res, and the file printed out at GUZ, reducing that pass-over time to a week.

Praying is useful, yes, but I suggest you pray for patience - praying for an earlier 'trip to the bonded warehouse' date to 'retrieve your casefile' kinda thing doesn't seem useful - even though that's really what is needed.

Are you keeping busy outside o work hours? I do a spot of gardening, others tear apart cars, some of us get busy with a welding torch rig.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

I can totally understand the frustration, but I have to say this - I have to remind you - there is no trackable timeline from the time it's left NVC to the time it's opened up at the Consulate.

When it's shipped over via DHL, clearing through HKG is easy, takes 2 days, tops.

Then it gets into a Guangzhou warehouse (no, it wasn't lost on a truck) where it waits for a coupla things. Since it's consulate documents, China makes the US Consulate wait a bit. Even then, GUZ won't go pick it up when the China Clearance is complete - instead GUZ works on FIFO inventory principles for opening the IV cases from that bonded warehouse.

Just because DHL claims it's finished with 'clearance delay' doesn't mean GUZ is picking it up today, tomorrow, or even next week.

I remind you that you need to be patient - the physical case file is in a RECOVERABLE black hole, until staff process the file and LOG it into their system for processing.

I would gladly pay an extra 200 bucks for my file to be electronically scanned in at NVC in hi-res, and the file printed out at GUZ, reducing that pass-over time to a week.

Praying is useful, yes, but I suggest you pray for patience - praying for an earlier 'trip to the bonded warehouse' date to 'retrieve your casefile' kinda thing doesn't seem useful - even though that's really what is needed.

Are you keeping busy outside o work hours? I do a spot of gardening, others tear apart cars, some of us get busy with a welding torch rig.

I hear you man,but i don't need to pray about patience,as all i can do is be patient,whether i like it or not..... almost 1 year ....thats how long i been sucking on patience.....na,no need to pray about that,i am learning it for 323 days now.anyway,the paperwork was delivered today,sure,if its in the warehouse,as i said it is one step closer.Take it one day at a time.

jimi

jimi

Amen!

Believe me when I say that I have been prayin. God will probably end up getting an answering machine because of me. B)

Believe me when I say that I have been prayin. God will probably end up getting an answering machine because of me. :angry:

Hahaha, thats a good one. :ph34r:

an answering machine for all of us,this long visa process is going to make us all into prayer warriors !!!!