Tuesday is the day

Well Tuesday is the day. I will be sending in the paperwork for citizenship for my wife. They are 24 days away from returning from a summer long vacation in Nanning. From what I can tell, all has gone well, except for some mishap with a moterscooter, car and a truck. That story has to be for another time (but in my mind, it would great for Americas funniest home videos).

By filing before October she will have her choice of which test to take (assuming she has her interview after October) The USCIS says it is taking 14 - 16 months to process the N 400. Ours took 5 1/2. Just speculation on my part but it may be ours was processed so fast because we filed less than a year after the I-751 was processed. Maybe the name check went faster.

Well Tuesday is the day. I will be sending in the paperwork for citizenship for my wife. They are 24 days away from returning from a summer long vacation in Nanning. From what I can tell, all has gone well, except for some mishap with a moterscooter, car and a truck. That story has to be for another time (but in my mind, it would great for Americas funniest home videos).

Good luck on Tuesday!!

tsap seui

I checked this morning, and the processing times for Norfolk, VA for the N-400 is right at one year. My wife's girlfriend sent her papers in, in June and had her biometrics appt in 25 days. If it weren't for that we would have filed a month ago, wife is in China until September 3. When she gets back she will enroll in a citizenship prep class. So things could work out.