Military Service Question

Hi everyone. My wife and I have been married almost a year and we are going on a two week vacation to Florida. We have pretty much all the needed documentation together to invite her parents from China to vacation with us for that time. The only question I had was about the military service question. Her dad is retired from the Navy (I think that is the branch he was in). There is a place on the app to show if you were ever in the military. From what you guys have heard/encountered, does his past military service have a positive or negative effect on the petition, or does it not matter? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks very much for reading!

Hi everyone. My wife and I have been married almost a year and we are going on a two week vacation to Florida. We have pretty much all the needed documentation together to invite her parents from China to vacation with us for that time. The only question I had was about the military service question. Her dad is retired from the Navy (I think that is the branch he was in). There is a place on the app to show if you were ever in the military. From what you guys have heard/encountered, does his past military service have a positive or negative effect on the petition, or does it not matter? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks very much for reading!

Welcome to CFL, hope you get your questioned answered. I don't see why it would help or hurt the chances of them coming, but be aware that it is hard for a Chinese National to get a visitors visa.

Don't know but I have a hard time thinking that the USG would view it as a positive.

Guest Rob & Jin

I would suspect if he was a officer and was/is still in the CCP it could be a big negative.

JMHO

tourist visa for chinese family members are about as rare as "rocking horse pop" they have to show very strong ties to China and proof of a desire to return home, good luck, let us know how it goes.