Simple tasks vs Modern machinery?

I dont know how many times me and my wife have butted heads about this. Its not like we are mad at each other, it just doesnt make sense to me or her. Here in US, we have all of the fancy machinery for making life easier. Washing machine, dryer, dishwasher.

I told my wife last week, i had to wash some clothes and would be working at it all day. Yea, i am bad about putting it off...LOL!

She asked me why i didnt wash it everyday. I told her because it was a waste of time and money to wash the clothes in the machine 1 small load at a time. Of course she says NO, I mean in the washroom! She means in the sink, and hang up to dry.

She thinks my clothes will stink up the house, while waiting to be washed....LMAO!!

Oh man, we go back and forth on it. I know its a good problem to have, but i just cant understand the logic behind it and neither can she!

Patrick :blink:

LMAO!! a $300.00 dish dryer! Hey honey, Have you seen the new Dish Dryers at Best Buy? We gotta have one of those!!

My wife is definitly in for one heckuva culture shock, Because i am a firm believer in doing it the easy way (the modern way) Of course i am not sure if she will use the vacuum cleaner, but what will be her choice is what is making me wonder? I wonder when they started using a hot water heater as opposed to heating it on the stove only. Paradigms are hard to let go for us all, but i sure am glad i dont have to ride an OX or a bycycle to work everyday!

I just think its funny some of the things we argue about, i usually just throw my hands up and say ok, do it your way! Because it aint hurting me for her to do it that way!

I love my wife, She is the best thing ever for me. I have learned a lot from her. I just want her to learn some from me!

Patrick :D

LMAO!! a $300.00 dish dryer! Hey honey, Have you seen the new Dish Dryers at Best Buy? We gotta have one of those!!

My wife is definitly in for one heckuva culture shock, Because i am a firm believer in doing it the easy way (the modern way) Of course i am not sure if she will use the vacuum cleaner, but what will be her choice is what is making me wonder? I wonder when they started using a hot water heater as opposed to heating it on the stove only. Paradigms are hard to let go for us all, but i sure am glad i dont have to ride an OX or a bycycle to work everyday!

I just think its funny some of the things we argue about, i usually just throw my hands up and say ok, do it your way! Because it aint hurting me for her to do it that way!

I love my wife, She is the best thing ever for me. I have learned a lot from her. I just want her to learn some from me!

Patrick  :D

At least your wife doesn't ask you to wash your clothes the old fashion way - at the creek. :blink:

My fiancee, Jingwen, and her two teenaged kids live with her mom and dad. At one time, I think they had a washing machine. When I would go to visit with two week supply of underwear, I didn't realize that I really only needed maybe one or two pair of anything. Everything got washed amost daily.

One day, Jingwen asked me if it would be okay to buy a washing machine. I said of course. I think it ran about 600 RMB. With five people living in the apartment, I figured it would be a good ol heavy duty, but when I later went to visit again, I saw this little "device" tucked away in the corner of the kitchen. Very interesting indeed - a mini washer. I asked her if she thought it was big enough for all the clothes. She said "of course".

Little did I know that she would still be washing clothes almost daily. Some habits are hard to break, so I guess a small washing machine fit the bill. I might add that it seemed to be very efficient - very little water useage.

Of course, the clothes are still hung to dry. Should I put up a clothes line when she comes? Maybe the dryer can be used for storage.

A quick inventory of appliances and devices in Zhanjiang:

washing machine - check

dryer - check - the clothes lines variety

microwave - huh?

dishwasher - check - the human variety

vacuum clearner - check, the human variety

TV - of course

telephones - check check check check check and check - more cell phones than I'll ever need.

room air conditioner - check - wish we had these types in the US

hot water tank - check (no tank) - the instant on kind is the best I've seen

I love the washing story Frank :D We have one of those little ones here. When I turn the thing on it plays Jingle Bells and plays Jingle bells when the cycle is complete. Cloths dryer...yea right, hang 'em on the line ; ) I think when we get back to the states I'll stay away from the dryer. I've ruined some many cloths, sweaters and such, in the dryer.

-Tim