Guangzhou notification

-------------------------------

From the Federal Register Vol. 66:

Post Processing of K3 applicant

-------------------------------

A. Notification/Packet 3:

18. Once post receives the scanned I-129F petition from NVC, post should send the beneficiary a letter developed by post that outlines documentary requirements for K3 and K4 issuance, instructions on where to undergo the required medical exam, and how to notify post (by mail or telephone) when they are "documentarily" prepared for an interview with a consular officer. Names of eligible K3 applicants will not be added to CLASS; proof of eligibility is the approved I-129F petition from NVC.

*Send e-mail to GZ until you get a reply that they have your case and that p3 has been mailed to the applicant.

Just one added note of caution. Be sure GZ has the beneficiary's name and address in Chinese characters. If they don't, they will end up sending the letter to the petitioner but not to the beneficiary. This, of course, can cause a delay, the last thing you need right now.

That shouldn't be a problem for the address. If you remember in the instructions, they tell you that all information for mailing is taken from the I-129F and/or I-130 "Fiance's Information" side of the form(s). If the form(s) were completed correctly, then your fiance's address should also be entered in her native language (not rominized). So it is very important that these documents are correct the first time around.

This information is located on I-129F, Section B, item 17.

Form I-130, section C, item 20.

I Hope this helps you.

Bryan

:blink:

On both, the I-130 and the I-129f, I put my wife's name and address in Chinese characters which fit well on that line but I added a suppliment sheet listing her residence address and her mailing address in English and made a distinction to which was which.

Yesterday I received the I-864 bill from NVC and they had her residence address listed on the letter asking if it is correct or not. It is correct but it isn't her mailing address.

Also in this package was the DS-3032, "Choice of Agent and address" form. This form had her name on it along with the GUZ number and a barcode. I typed in the necessary info and mailed it to her today to sign, date and send it back to NVC. I suppose if I act as the agent in receiving any correspondance from NVC, all should be fine.

Once again......."we shall see"

Thanks everyone for the information you provided me. Although we're several months into the process I still have much to learn. What an excellent web site this is. It is especially comforting to know there are others out there going through the same process. Everyone I know is aware that I am working at getting us together here in the US; what they have trouble understanding is why she isn't here yet! So, thanks too for the emotional support. I'm sure we all need it from time to time.

After GZ receives file from NVC and assigns a new case number, how does GZ contact my wife?  Mail?  Phone call?  E-mail?

In our case, they just sent the P3, as the means of contact.

Which reminds me, during the wait at the INS/BCIS, my fiancee moved to a different address. I thought I should notify the INS, so that when Guangzhou gets it, they will mail it correctly. INS said I should send a letter stating the old and the new address, my name, her name, even the new address in simplified characters, etc., I sent it Registered Mail, to the INS, and received the receipt from them verifying they got it.

But did they change it? Guangzhou sent the P3 to her old address, and thank god it was forwarded.

I really hope someday I get to meet all the ball droppers.

Such interesting, insightful, and funny comments! Both my wife and I have decided to stay put so no changes in addresses, phone numbers, e-mail, etc. until she has her visa in hand. Then she'll change it all to be here with me. Yes!

And Don, your comment about coming to the US via Mexico was great. I've heard that one a few times myself. And then people just look at me like why didn't I think of that! Oh, and the one about, "... well, you know you are dealing with China, after all," thinking that the delay has nothing to do with the US. Then the look of utter disbelief when I tell them it's not China, not China at all, but instead, the US to clear the way for us.

I've also heard this one: Purchase a round-trip airline ticket for her, then when she gets here, she simply stays. She doesn't use the other half of that ticket to go back. She just tells the folks there in China that she's going for a visit. They definitely don't understand how all of this works. Let alone that the vast majority of Chinese citizens have never left their country nor would they be able to if they wanted.