does cherryblossoms belong to international broker

i want to know if i knew my fiancee via cherryblossoms, do i need to ask this website to provide the relavant document to prove my fiancee blong to its member? but i've seen many girls passed their interviews and Visa Officer just ask how do u know each other? anybody know this when you pass your interview?

Nope, not considered to be IMB.

A reply to an email I sent them:

While we do not consider our company a marriage agency because we do not charge the women nor do we charge couples that end up marrying that meet on our web site. But our government has written a very broad definition of Marriage Broker so we will leave it up to you what to fill in.

Not sure if it hinders your petition to state that you used a marriage broker or not.

Sorry for the ambiguity but this law is an odd item. If you say you did not use a marriage broker you should let your Fianc¨¦e know so that at her interview she does not mention Cherry Blossoms.

Would suggest you call the USCIS and ask for clarification: 800-375-5283, at the voice prompts push, 1, 3, 4, & 9 to get to the correct department.

Over 200 f our clients called the USCIS and spoken to agents (it can be a long hold on the phone ¨C hour or more) and all but two have reported that they were told Cherry Blossoms is not a Marriage Broker. You may want to call to confirm.

Aloha

Duane

CB Staff

CB does not actively try to match up people, it is much like match.com, for a flat rate people can contact people by email, or chat rooms.

I listed them on our I-129F anyway, nothing became of it.

WE met at blossoms.com and had no problems and passed first interview. Nice people running site, made it clear that they ARE NOT a marrigiage broker, did a good job with I-129, missed the boat on a bit of info for AOS (so I opted to learn as much as possible at CFL and do AOS myself) and wanted to write to tell you not to worry!!!

i want to know if i knew my fiancee via cherryblossoms, do i need to ask this website to provide the relavant document to prove my fiancee blong to its member? but i've seen many girls passed their interviews and Visa Officer just ask how do u know each other? anybody know this when you pass your interview?

Here is their latest e-mail reply received 7/29/08:

We do not consider our company a marriage agency because we do not charge the women nor do we charge couples that end up marrying who have met on our web site. Our government has written a very broad definition of Marriage Broker that includes almost all companies where men and women meet either on line or in person.

We have found that when our K-1 and K-3 visa clients call the USICS for clarification they are usually told that web sites like ours are not considered marriage brokers.

The intent was to make women safer and reduce fraud from marriage agencies in other countries that charge men and women for introductions. There are marriage agencies in other countries that charge the women up to $10,000 to marry a U.S. citizen. These companies profit from the marriage whether it is a valid marriage or not. These companies have an agenda in making the marriage happen. With companies like ours we are not compensated if you meet and marry someone on line.

Hope this gives you some clarification. If you would like to call the USCIS their number is 800-375-5283 and at the voice prompts push 1, 2, 3, & 6 to get to the correct department.

If you need our assistance with a Fianc¨¦e Visa petition please let us know. We have assisted with over 700 petitions¡¯ since the law went into effect without any problems relating to IMBRA. The U.S. government does have you complete a form that discloses past criminal history and domestic violence charges.

Aloha,

CB Staff

Cherry Blossoms, Inc.

P.O. Box 1562

Kapaau, HI 96755

USCIS¡¯s Definition of International Marriage Broker

"international marriage broker" which means: a corporation, business, individual, or other legal entity, whether or not organized under any law of the United States, that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States as lawful Permanent residents and foreign national clients by providing contact information or otherwise facilitating communication between individuals.

I will face a different problem, having been introduced to my fiancee by a Chinese broker, while in China, not before arriving there. Thus far no monies have been paid or intend to be paid by either of us. I will visit again in October. If any financial pressure is to be applied, that is when it will occur, as in a prior unfortunate experience. She asked for $10K. Any suggestions?

This is my first posting in this website.

Xie xie ni,

The financial are strictly your decision. It is not an automatic denial if you are introduced through one of these agencies, just probably makes your proof of relationship more challenging.

If you did not sign any contracts or agreements with this company, then it seems you owe them nothing, and can ignore the fact they introduced you.

Being honest on your application will be important though, so I suggest even if you didn't actually use the marriage prober, that you fully disclose how you met in your initial application.

The financial are strictly your decision. It is not an automatic denial if you are introduced through one of these agencies, just probably makes your proof of relationship more challenging.

If you did not sign any contracts or agreements with this company, then it seems you owe them nothing, and can ignore the fact they introduced you.

Being honest on your application will be important though, so I suggest even if you didn't actually use the marriage prober, that you fully disclose how you met in your initial application.

Thats what we did, and it did not cause any questions to be asked.

Thanks...This reinforces my intent and deductions re. the situation. China law may differ, but we have both not signed any documents I will be making full disclosure of the circumstances in the app. Get this, the broker asked for over $1 million, after starting with $10K. My lady says she won't deal with a crazy person anyways.

Zai jian.

Write a very detailed "evolution of relationship letter" to send in with your initial application.

Those agency's understand how to contact GUZ and use TPI (third party intervention) to stall or kill a visa.

GUZ looks for anyway they can to deny a visa. What they don't make up on their own through speculation and conjecture they will eagerly take from TPI.

Cover your bases thoroughly from the initial application. ;)

Good luck to you, looks like you've got a good grasp of the situation.

tsap seui

No, you don't need to show any evidence of where (what web site) you met.

The web sites will tend to claim they are NOT an Marriage Broker.

Advice that you get on boards such as this will vary.

The DHS has no clear cut list of who is and who isn't a marriage broker.

Your answer to this tends to be met with something like, "Gee, that's nice" no matter which way you answer.

we actually did say in our I-129 that we met at blossoms.com and had NO problems at all. I actually liked the people at that website and they were helpful and patient with my questions. One person did however steer me in the wrong direction with the package. Don't worry about the MB issue with that website. : )